Saturday, July 5, 2008

Just because...



Lately I've been thinking about the things that fascinate me about my boys. There are different characteristics in both of them that just make me fall so deep in love with them...over and over and over.

Here's just a partial list of some of the ways Cameron and Riley melt my heart in this stage of their lives!

1. I can't help but to want to jump up and down and shout for JOY every time Riley says a new word, or shows a new sign! He makes me SO PROUD to be his mommy.

2. I love the way Cameron hugs his brother....which happens almost EVERY time he sees him. He is crazy about Riley and that warms my soul!!

3. I love how Riley says goodnight and I love you to everyone in the house before he goes down for a nap or to sleep at night. He never forgets anyone. Sometimes I think he's stalling when he does this. But most of the time (all the time) it makes me smile and think about him grown up with a thoughtful heart.

4. I love how AWESOME Cameron plays with his friends. He has such a sensitive heart, and I knew the transition here away from his friends in SD would be hard. He has done such a great job at adjusting, and has truly found a best buddy in Kai. I'm so comforted in knowing Cameron has found a friend besides Riley!!

5. I love it when Riley plays the "no kisses" game with me. When I ask him for a kiss and he won't come to give me one, I act like I don't want one. It NEVER fails...he's always demanding kisses when I pretend to turn them down!

Both of my boys are growing before my eyes. They love me and Steve more than ANYTHING ON EARTH. I really couldn't ask for a bigger gift than the devoted love I receive from my children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sista! That's the good stuff in life!

Maybe I'm Amazed said...

Awe... Motherhood. I love this post. I totally relate to that huge Maternal feeling. It feels like my heart is so full of love that my heart is too big for my body. I love all the heartwarming kid moments throughout the day, even the drama that sisters have, but most of all I love to watch my daughters sleep. When it is all quiet, I just get that BIG feeling of being blessed.