Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Family Day!

I am so stoked it's summer!! My calendar is packed with fun things to do. Most of them are FREE, and all of them are within 5 minutes from our house. Today Krystle and I took the boys to a movie at Regal Cinemas where they're having a Free Family Movie Festival. Every Tuesday and Wednesday, the theater opens up for a free showing of two different kids movies. We are able to bring our own food in without hassle and watch a movie in air conditioning for free! The other cool thing about this is, we're able to just walk to the movie theater because it's in the shopping center right across the street from my house!

After the movie, we walked home in just enough time for a nap! Both boys went to bed without incident, and I was able to get some work done while they slept!

When the boys woke up, Cameron did his chores and Riley pretended to have chores. Soon after that it was time for family night (kids eat free) at Chick-fil-a! Also walking distance, in the shopping center across the street! Dinner at any restaurant with both kids is always a little too hectic for me, but it's definitely worth the free meal and even craft time! By the way, if you go into Chick-fil-a dressed like a cow on Friday, you get a free meal! Cameron was able to get a head start on his costume at the craft table today! Tomorrow we'll start off our day with toddler reading time at Barnes and Noble, right across the street!!










I love summer. I love it because it's warm. I love it because there are lot's of fun things to do outdoors. But I think I love it most because life feels a little bit more structured and intentional when I can plan out each day with fun things to do with the kids!

1 comment:

TK said...

So funny we had a similar day well sort of. We too went to the free movie this morning inspired by your facebook. Afterwards we went to Wild Animal Park which was free because we have passes and then we went to Ruby's Diner in MV for dinner not sure if they have it in NC but if they do TUes. nights they give free kids meal. We went to Chic-fil-A last Tues. The only difference is we HAVE to drive which is a big deal these days. Be so thankful you live so close.