Thursday, July 10, 2008

Grand Design

It's Official! I know I'm WAY more excited about this than I should be! So...sorry for the hype. But I cannot tell you how stoked I am about Riley's story being featured on the Jorge Posada Foundation Website! I got an email a couple days ago, from the foundations creative director. He sent me a link to a preview site where I could see where Riley would be featured before they launched their new site. The site went live today! I'm just amped up at the opportunity I have to speak hope into families struggling through the same situations we've gone through with our sweet boy in the past year and a half.

As I was thinking about this post today, I was listening in the car to Jill Phillip's song "Grand Design". The lyrics humbled me in a powerful way. They speak into a time when I was scared, with endless questions. They also speak into this moment today. When even though Riley has a long road ahead, today, I'm experiencing a piece of God's grand design for my Riley James and his journey with craniosynostosis. That his story might be hope. Even maybe to just one person.

Here are the lyrics:

"I knew it all along that this day was coming
Even though I knew it doesn’t hurt any less
But somehow the suffering draws me to You
I could start running in anger
But then what’s the point of a Savior
I feel the pain but it still doesn’t change who You are
Nothing I feel is outside of the reach of Your arms
My whole world could crumble but all of the pieces remain
In Your hands that are waiting to put them together again
Just like I know You will in Your own time, in Your own wisdom
One day I’ll look back and see the grand design
Maybe it will make sense then, these questions I have
But with it all here front and center
Sometimes it’s hard to remember
I could start running in anger
But then what’s the point of a Savior".

Download the song, or at least listen to the snippet here.

Riley is featured here on the Jorge Posada Foundation website.

To visit the foundation's main page, visit:
www.jorgeposada.com/foundation
Riley's Journey is found under the "programs" link.

(note- this post will be duplicated on Riley's Blog)

2 comments:

TK said...

So cool Lauren. Must be an awesome feeling to have God use pain in your past to help others, but not only that like you and the song says his Grand Design. It makes me think of Psalm 139
And this is not the end but perhaps just the beginning of more he will do through you

I was just thinking about this the other day as I was praying for someone. Because of my past experiences I could pray with more understanding and deep compassion and although at one time there was so much pain associated with this area of my life today I can honestly say I feel so blessed to be able to pray for this person in that way

make any sence???

Lauren Faiai said...

Thanks T. Yes. Makes a lot of sense. Maybe that's why it's so hard to put my excitement into words. I feel that compassion you're talking about. I actually thought about you when I was writing this, knowing you'd "get it"! That feeling of compassion mixed with the realness of God's pursuing (well described in Psalm 139) is a powerful thing!