Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CATT UPDATE - JULY 16

Since my last update (too long ago) we've been busy assembling teams within our core to prepare for launch. This process has been a lot of work, but has also been very exhilarating for each of us. As we watch God put the pieces together, we can't help but to be just PUMPED about our launch date. When "all systems go" in 5 weeks!

Our team has kept in mind that a lot of what we're doing is against logic and would really leave any experienced church planter concerned! One of these things is the fact we're launching in August. Just when we thought our summer slump would hit, we were thrusted into some crazy momentum. People started bringing handfuls of friends, Lee spoke vision, and people are coming back every weekend...with more friends! We've been able to implement things like a service run through into our rehearsal, as well as increase our number of band members. We're incorporating 2 or 3original songs into our setlists EVERY weekend. You can listen to some of our scratch tracks on the column to the right. More will be added as we record them.

Here are a few pictures from our services in the past few weekends.










Childrens Ministry





Youth Ministry (F3) - Sunday Nights at 6:30PM






This building we're meeting in now will turn in to our office space when we launch, at which point we'll move across the hallway to our new building.

During our service 2 weeks ago, Lee took us over to the new building where he led us in a time of prayer where we were able to pray over every chair in the room.





We prayed that each chair would be filled by the unchurched and dischurched people in our community when we launch in August. We prayed that God would make us desparate. We prayed he'd give us more faith, and that he would fill us with passion to see lost people reached and given the message of Hope. Needless to say, this was a pretty intense prayer session. God as broken each one of us in that room. We are utterly desperate for Him in our everyday lives and in the life of Church at the Triangle.

We'd really appreciate your prayers in the next 5 weeks leading into launch. Whether you believe in God or not, I'd love it if you'd help me pray in the following ways:

1. That God would continue to do amazing things in the relationships we're building outside of church. We're finalizing details of a couple BIG events (family day, battle of the bands etc...) that we're inviting the entire community to. Pray that our minimal advertising would go viral through word of mouth, and that our community would love these events.

2. Pray for our vision meeting THIS THURSDAY night. That many people would come, hear vision, and get involved.

3. Workers for Children's ministry. We have a good group of kids and not enough workers!

4. Funds and resources. That God would provide.

5. Momentum. That our momentum as a church would continue to increase.

If you can or would like to help us in more ways besides praying, please contact me at lfaiai@churchatthetriangle.com . We need YOU!

Big thanks to all my favorite TOC junkies for reading, praying and keeping updated!

2 comments:

Kelly Moments said...

I pray for you guys every day! I think you're amazing, your family is wonderful - your children and hubby AND your church family! I look forward to helping you guys as much as I can, I only hope that's enough :)

Christian said...

I'm right there with you, God has broken me down in a few of the services and I know he has things planned for me......I also know that his first plan is to help me grow in my faith as I try to help CATT with launch.......I'll definitely be praying for launch and the events to come.