Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm Done

We left the house at 8:00AM for Cameron's first soccer practice. He was so excited. The whole way there, Cameron just couldn't stop telling us how happy he was to play soccer. He was very confident too! "Mom and dad, you're not going to believe this!" He was referring to how awesome he was going to be!! That should have been my forewarning! Cameron did a great job at following instructions, and he did a great job dribbling the ball up and down the field! About 30 minutes into the practice, they started a drill where the kids had to dribble the ball down the field, and then STOP it, and put their foot on top of the ball. Cameron started dribbling, then when it came time to stop the ball, his foot missed and the ball kept rolling. He walked over to get his ball, and when he turned around, he looked at me in full fledged TEARS! He wasn't crying loud. He was just being very discreetly upset. I ran out there to ask him what was wrong! I thought he hurt himself, because he was REALLY upset. He could barely tell me, but I understood. "Mom, I didn't stop the ball with my foot! I'm not good at soccer. I'm done, and I don't want to play anymooooorrrre!" He started walking towards the door, as I tried to explain to him what practice is all about! They started a different drill, and I was able to get his mind off of the mental breakdown he was in. He did fine the rest of the practice...we just gave him LOTS more high fives for the rest of the time. I'm hoping these next 7 weeks of soccer help him to develop some thicker skin, but at the same time, I love that my boy has a sensitive heart! And I'm glad he wants to be great at whatever he does!!









After soccer we went straight to our band rehearsal at the church. I didn't have a babysitter, and Krystle was working, so both boys went with me to rehearsal. It was pretty crazy, to say the least. Steve introduced a new team member to our band and also to CATT today, who will start playing with us in a few weeks. We're really excited about Seth. I was able to walk around with Riley in his stroller and get him to sleep for a few minutes. Which gave me just enough time to yell at my other son for walking in the public mens bathroom in his socks.



When we got home, I was glad to have no plans for the evening...until Steve told me he had another meeting. I got all my work done for this Sunday earlier in the week, so tonight I'm going to work on stuff for the next two weekends, maybe have a cup of coffee, and then make it bedtime!

It seemed like every highlight of the day came with a low. We got a lot accomplished this week. We met a bunch of new people, got a ton of work done, and we got Cameron involved in his first sport.

You'd think I'd feel exhilarated and accomplished. I don't. I feel tired, worn out, and just done! I'm hoping tomorrow breathes fresh life into these dry bones!!! If not, I'm sneaking away for a 3 day vacation to the beach next week!

HA. Fat chance!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You are killing me with the cute pictures. I mean.. literally.. I can feel my heart go to mush when I look at pics of the boys... I want to squish them!!!!!

Steve Faiai said...

Babe-
I'm so blessed that I get to do life with you. You inspire me and motivate to be the best Husband and Father I can be. Without you by my side I wouldn't be able to do what God has called me to do. I so owe you a great date night and this next week you can definitely cash in on it. Thanks for being patient even when it's hard to do with the three of us crazies... I love you!!

TK said...

I feel like that often Lauren....lots of great stuff going on and I'm just tired. Rhett starts soccer on Tues. we will see how that goes.

Christian said...

Ummmm.....you're a great mommy and I think every mom deserves a little break- PS, your husband is pretty sweet too

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
We miss you all sooo much. I've been showing Ryder the pictures you post of the boys and he wants to know when he and Cammeron are going to do "matchsticks" aka gymnastics again.
I'm home with him now and having a blast!
Love you all..Aunt Artie