Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fun in the Sun! And pictures...YAY!

After a lot of cursing and throwing things against walls, I finally convinced my favorite digital camera to come back to life! We had a fun day today, and I was able to capture a few of those moments on my stubborn camera!

We signed Cameron up for soccer today. I have NO idea where his interest in soccer came from, but that's all he wants to do during the day. Play soccer...in the house, at the park...anywhere. So today, I found him a class and signed him up! He is very excited! And, so are Steve and I! We both remembered the day (before we were married) when we talked about how cool it was going to be to have kids and be able to go to their sporting events. I can't help but to smile when I think about the fact that we're going to be watching Cameron's first soccer practice next Saturday! That is SOOO awesome!

We bought him a ball (his size) and some cones to practice with. He was able to kick the ball around the grass during our community cookout today in our development.

He kept the same evil look on his face the entire time he kicked the ball around!

Don't ask me why he was wearing pants when it was 98 degrees outside today. He changes clothes about 10 times per day.


Christian brought over Peyton, the sweet little girl she's babysitting this weekend. We had a great time in the pool. Riley James would NOT stop hugging and kissing the poor girl! She was pretty irritated with him by the end of the day! I'm excited we'll see both of them at church in the morning!



And although Cameron did NOT want to go to sleep at his regular bedtime tonight, he finally fell asleep. But, at some point, he managed to sneak into the closet to grab his soccer ball that I told him he "ABSOLUTELY" wasn't allowed to sleep with since he didn't go to bed on time.



Oh well...I'm a sucker. This picture was too sweet. I just couldn't bring myself to get mad about him taking the ball to bed. I don't know why I even told him no in the first place. I'm so happy he's excited about playing soccer. I think I'll let him sleep with it every night. Especially if it might increase his chances of being a GREAT athlete someday!!!

1 comment:

Christian said...

I felt like a mom that day- the two of us sitting by the pool. We didn't even have to say a word, we just sat there and enjoyed!