Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ramblings of this 26 year old's brain at 3:25AM

In attempts to get some better rest, I've decided to post the thoughts racing around in my brain tonight (this early morning).

1. Holy Crap!! I'm pretty sure God brought me here to bless me with the closest, most amazing friends in the world. We're together almost everyday, and we're trying hard to get sick of each other's company...it just ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

2. So glad I got to officially introduce Ashlee to the team. I was nervous at first, just because I didn't want her newly graduated, out of high school mind to be corrupted by the...um...certain "edge" that characterizes us, "ballers". She did a great job, and everyone gladly welcomed her in. I knew they would.

3. I REALLY need to minimize the number of my weekly meetings. Wouldn't want to cut out any lead, launch or creative team meetings, but a few of the meetings in between need to be cut.

4. My throat hurts. And I know it's because I've been sleeping with the fan on. If it wasn't so stinkin' HOT in this house all the time...GEEZ.

5. I'm really thankful for Mara Wooten. She's Riley's service coordinator. The one in charge of making sure Riley gets all the help he needs. She came to Riley's appointment today and sat in on his entire hearing and vision testing. Like 2 and a half hours worth of watching Riley try his hardest to complete an accurate evaluation. It's such a good feeling to know that Mara cares about my boy and not just her paycheck.

6. Speaking of... every day, I'm thinking more and more about what kind of developmental delays Riley will face as he gets older. It easy for him to communicate (in his own way) around our home, but when he gets older and needs to sit in classrooms at school, I'm afraid he'll struggle. That is, unless God answers my BIG prayer in healing my boy before he enters school.

7. I LOVE the new southern phrases I'm learning. My favorite this month is "Might could". Everyone around me says it, but I don't think it's a term I'll inherit. It just sounds sooo SOUTHERN. But who knows, the longer I'm here, the better the chance I might could start using it in my everyday sentences. (Post to come: Favorite Southern Phrases)

8. I CAN'T BELIEVE Cameron fell asleep at 5PM last night, and is sleeping all the way till morning. He had a LONG play day with his buddy Kai. I'm so glad he finally has a boy his age he can play with pretty much everyday of the week. He's been in desperate need of a friend like Kai. He left so many behind in SD.

9. We were supposed to play our first tournament softball game on Monday night. The other team never showed up, so they had to forfeit. I guess the team looked at their schedule wrong, and misread the time of the game. They called parks and rec, and somehow arranged to play us tonight. We had to scramble to get a team together today which was difficult. We ended up playing without 3 of our best players, and we got worked. The umpire told us that we needed to call and protest the game in the morning, since their game should have counted as a forfeit the day before. So...we're protesting in the morning. Hopefully we get to play tonight. I REALLY...REALLY want that game back.

10. I really need to get back to sleep. I think I'll try to take some theraflu for my throat, and to make me sleepy...except, I'm already sweating and a steamy cup of theraflu would only make me more uncomfortable. Hopefully now that I have these things written down, and off my mind, I'll be able conk out.

Good Night (at 4:17AM)!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yes, you need to get more sleep. Too much stuff going on for you to be tired. I'm so happy you're happy :)

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog. I too had Mara as my child's service coordinator. Some people are sent to be angels on earth and she is one of them! You are in good hands- trust her!

Poker Small Blind said...

It is remarkable, it is rather valuable information