Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cameron Says...

This has been really the only reoccurring post that has stayed consistent here on TOC. I think it might just be because Cameron says crazy things so...consistently.

In attempts to FINALLY put an end to the over night bed wetting, I've come up with a story (my own "mom myth") to tell Cameron. I tell him every time he goes potty in his pants he grows a few inches shorter. And every time he uses the toilet like a big boy, he gets taller and more grown up. So...if he keeps going potty in his pants, he's going to turn back into a baby, and have to wear diapers again.

This has worked for the most part. Today was an exception, when Cameron said:

Cameron: "Mommy, I have to tell you the truth."

Me: "What, Cameron?"

Cameron: "I went pee in my pants, mom."

Me: "CAMERON!! When is this going to END?!"

Cameron: "I don't know, mom. Do I look shorter."

Me: "YES! You just keep getting shorter! I better go buy some diapers!!"

I walked out of the living room to go finish folding clothes in my room. He knew I was frustrated with him. About 5 minutes later, Cameron came in and said he wanted to tell me something else.

Me: "What?! Did you change your pants and put new underwear on?"

Cameron: "Yes, mom. And guess what?!"

Me (turning to look at him): "What?"

Cameron: "I'm really really really really really not going to pee in my pants any more mom, because now my nakie listens to me. And now I am listening to my nakie."

Me: "Ok, Cameron. I'm glad you've got control over that thing now."

Cameron: "Yes mom, and I'm going to be REALLY tall someday, huh mom?!"

Me: "Yes, bud. REALLY tall."

No comments: