Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Times...

I often reflect on the days, not so long ago when I was in high school, and nothing else mattered besides making sure each class was fun and interesting. I found an old high school friend on facebook a couple days ago! We reminisced on our crazy days back then and she told me she had a picture of us in high school. When I went to check it out, I just about FELL OVER laughing at the memories that immediately flooded my mind!



This is Me, Laura and Jessika in Mr. Lyons 11th grade math class.
Mr. Lyons was a nice guy. He was pretty old fashioned and got frustrated easily when any of us would disrupt class.

I'll never forget, one time, when me Laura, Jessika and Matt were chatting during class. We were supposed to be doing class work, but that was boring, so we decided that drawing pictures and sharing them with each other would be more fun. Well... Mr. Lyons apparently had enough of our chatting, at which point he made his way over to our table. We had all of our chairs conveniently turned towards each other and from behind my back Mr. Lyons snuck up, and smacked his papers on my desk. The class got quiet. So did we. I was kind of concerned about what would happen next since I already got a referral in the same week (for ditching, I think?). The words that came out of Mr. Lyons mouth next, were ones that I'll NEVER forget! Here was our exchange -

Mr. Lyons (looking in our direction and VERY LOUD): "WHAT IS ALL OF THIS RAZZ MATAZZ RIGAMAROLE? I MEAN, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!"

The class was still silent waiting to see what else would come from the wrath of our obviously fuming mad math teacher.

Me and Laura immediately started laughing under our breath. That's when I responded to Mr. Lyons.

Me: "What did you just say?! What were those words you just said?"

Mr. Lyons: "I said KNOCK OFF the RIGAMAROLE...NOW."

Me: "What in the HECK are you talking about, Mr. Lyons?, and what was that other word?"

At this point the rest of the class is still quiet, but we are BUSTING UP LAUGHING. I knew he was pissed...but I had NEVER heard those words in my life and the way he used them was so funny!

Me: "Are those real words, Mr. Lyons? I mean, REALLY?"

Mr. Lyons: "You and Laura go get the dictionary and look the words up if you really don't know what they mean."

So, we grabbed the dictionary, looked up the words and there they were!! I still don't know what they mean.

We gave that man SO much grief, but we definitely brought life into his classroom, and I know he loved us for that!!

Laura - If you read this, feel free to push back on content details! I'm sure there were things I left out!!

Good times!

3 comments:

Maybe I'm Amazed said...

What a great story. I never pictured you as the rowdy rebel.

Lauren Faiai said...

Hi Evonn! This is just one of MANY stories!! I'll have to post about my standout awards in my senior yearbook. "Class Clown" AND "Most Likely to be on Jerry Springer"! Im pretty crazy now...but not compared to the girl I was 8 years ago!! I sure do miss those days! Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

remember the razzmatazzrigamarole crest we made and hung up for him on the board? haha...we got all crazy with the colored pencils...so good...probably the funniest classroom moment that I had a granit ehills...haha.