Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hostess with the Mostess

Many of you know that a few months ago, I started hostessing events at the event center next to our church office. So far I have hostessed a Barmitzvah and two wedding receptions. This is my favorite job EVER! It's a blast to be around and serve people who are in CELEBRATION mode! People LOVE to party, and so do I, so it's a great fit for me!! One of the greatest benefits of working these events is when people share food with me! Usually I'll make really good friends with the caterer, and they'll bring food to my desk. But sometimes, like last night...it's not so easy. I was VERY VERY helpful to the caterer last night. The catering company was very nice, however, they must not have realized by my emaciated torso that I hadn't eaten all day.

I knew this was going to be a problem. There was NO WAY I was going to ask any one for food! I mean, I wasn't even invited to their reception. I'm just supposed to just be helping them out. After a few hours, in all of their busy-ness and partying, NOBODY realized that I was hungry.

So I needed a plan. I thought about how I could introduce myself casually to the bride and groom... hmm...I could do that. Then if I start talking with their family (specifically their parents) I'd certainly be invited to the head table, for sure. I figured, if I was going to be at the head table, I probably needed to give a toast.

It worked great. You can hear my toast, here!

All this really means was that the event pretty much ran itself last night, and I had too much time on my hands. I really need to pack a lunch next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a dork.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would have to agree but that's why we love you so much!
Thanks for being you! hahaha
Rock on!