Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cameron Says...

He knows that when he doesn't finish dinner, he doesn't get dessert.

This made Cameron pretty sad for the rest of the night until he went to bed. After a bit of arguing and whining, Cameron realized we weren't giving him dessert no matter how hard he asked, so he walked (like a poor child who has never eaten a meal in his life)back to his room and into bed.

About 10 minutes later, Cameron came out into the front where Steve and I were catching up on our favorite shows. This is pretty much a nightly routine and takes about 4 times of physically putting him back into his bed before he actually falls asleep. So, like normal, when we saw him sneak around the corner, we told him to "GO TO BED". Instead of going back to bed, he came closer, and with a really sad face, Cameron said...

"Um...Mommy and Daddy? I have to tell you something."


Me: "What Cameron?! You need to GO TO BED."


Cameron: "I know, mom, but I have to tell you something."


Me: "What?"


Cameron: "I don't feel so good about this."


Me: "You don't feel so good about what?"


Cameron: "I don't feel so good about living here with you guys."


Me: "What do you mean, Cameron?"


Cameron: "I don't think I should live here with you guys anymore. I need to go live with my grandma and grandpa."


Me: (with lots of sadness in my voice) "Cameron, do you understand how much we'd miss you?"


Cameron: "Yes, mom, I know. But you can come see me at the hotel when I come to visit you guys."


Me: "Ok, we'll talk about it later, Cameron. Go to sleep buddy. We love you."


Cameron: "I love you too, mom and dad."


My sister made this for me a while back, as a joke. I thought it was pretty fitting for this post... and maybe not too far from Cameron's reality.

2 comments:

Christian said...

AWWWW....Cam. I don't see how you can resist him. Without even trying, children really know how to get at your heart. PS- cute picture

Kara said...

Tell him he can come live with me. I will give him lots of dessert!