Thursday, May 22, 2008

A day in the life of a Faiai boy

I'm noticing a pattern in Cameron and Riley's morning routine. Here's a little sneak peek.
At about 6:30AM both boys (Riley learns from Cameron) move the bar stools from the dining area into the kitchen to make themselves breakfast. If you look closely, you can see boy on the right chose ice cream cones for breakfast. Boy on the left decided on jelly beans.



After getting them out of the kitchen and taking their idea of breakfast away, the boys usually get a little angry, but are ok watching cartoons while I make them real food. But... sometimes watching cartoons isn't enough to keep their attention... and then I can almost bet when I peek around the corner I'll find Riley trying to escape.



After breakfast and a couple of changes of clothes, they enjoy playing together in their pirate ship.



Riley pretty much copies every single sound and movement his big brother makes.

This week was special, because we were all sad that grandma and grandpa had to leave. So, we made a special trip to Frankie's where Cameron got to race cars with daddy against mommy. Can you take a guess who won? Yes. Cameron. But after I mentioned that I lost and he won, I was reassured that "We're ALL winner's" so I'm not too sad.



So, there it is. A day in the life of a Faiai boy. Of course, that was only the first half of the day. Post nap time is a completely different experience. I'll fill you in on how that goes later!

No comments: