Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Craziness

My parents were at the airport since yesterday (Tuesday) trying to find an earlier flight home so they could get to the hospital where my brother was having an emergency appendectomy. The couldn't find any earlier flights, so they boarded their originally intended flight at 4PM. 4PM was about the time my television started buzzing the emergency broadcast system alert, when we learned of a severe thunderstorm was headed our way. My dad called me at 5:30PM to tell me he was still in Raleigh. They didn't make it off the runway before the storm. And the airport where they switched planes (Charlotte) wasn't taking any flights, so they got off the plane and spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how to get home. They eventually made it to Charlotte after the storm, but couldn't leave from there until this morning. They tried to find a hotel to sleep in, but they were all booked, so they spent the night in the airport. My dad sent me this picture this morning.



The earliest flight they could find was one to Vegas this morning. From there, they'll catch another plane back to SD.

Update on Landon:
I don't know much. Just bits and pieces from my grandparents and my aunt who have been at the hospital with him. The doctor's were still performing xrays yesterday morning to make sure it was his appendix and not some other issue. They performed the appendectomy and removed his appendix yesterday afternoon. He was in a ton of pain after he woke up from his anesthesia. That's all I know. Not sure if he's in pain because of the incision or if his pain might be caused by something else, and not the appendix. I don't know. We'll see. I'm trying to get a hold of Landon's girlfriend, Beth, who's been there with him since he went in 2 days ago.

1 comment:

hula4jesus said...

Oh your parents must've been frantic about not being able to get to Landon for his surgery. What a way to spend the night! Still praying for Landon that they surgery resolved his pain issues . . . he most likely will be in pain at the incision site for a while. Thanks for the update.