Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!

It's October 17 @ 12:05AM... and yes...officially BECKY'S birthday!

For the record...I'm really bad at remembering birthdays, but I've been anticipating this one for a long while. Through the past 4 years or so, Becky has become a very close friend of mine. It helps that we share a lot of the same interests and even hangups. As a friend, Becky has always loved me for who I am, and always finds a way to dig through my rough edges in attempts to know me at a deeper than surface level. And as I've tried to break through her layers of charisma, giddyness, and constant energy, I've found that these characteristics aren't any kind of facade hiding who she is. She just REALLY is all of these things. Since I've known her, Becky has always had an amazing outlook on life. A lot of this is I'm sure credited to her very optimistic husband. But besides optimism, this girl has incredible faith that HAS indeed moved mountains, not only in her life, but in the lives of others around her.

She has an uncanny sense of all things tech, and is a definite GOAL getter. There's not a goal she can set that she can't achieve. I really think the only reason she goes to the gym is to break her records from the previous day at the gym.

It's no lie that I get a kick out of watching Becky being "Becky" in certain situations. I think she knows exactly what to do to make me die laughing. And she doesn't seem to get too offended when I do laugh at her quirkiness! In fact, most of the time, I think she does it on purpose. I really wish I had a youtube video to post with all of my favorite "Becky moments".

Instead...

Here's a list of the top ten things I love about Becky. Enjoy.

10. She LOVES big parties and dressing up. I love telling her about bargains I find at the "Everything 5 dollars Store", and about how I hate my birthday. I can hear her almost vomiting now!

9. I love that she's taking guitar lessons from Tim. And...that he forgot to show up last week! Her strum is really coming along!

8. She sings High School Musical songs with so much passion that you'd think the movie was actually about her life.

7. The video/Picture montage - From Gregg

6. My favorite EVITE "You're invited to - Another Reason to Have A Party!"

5. The Trailer Stairs High Heel, Ringing Cell Phone, Chai Latte Stumble. Not so much a "favorite moment" but I'll never forget the sound. Glad you're ok, Beck.

4. Two Words - Hey Girl!

3. I love it when she uses the tech headsets at church during service to buzz me to ask if I miss her!

2. Threatening the runner on 1st base, acting like she's going to throw down and saying "Are you trying to taunt me? I WILL throw you out! Are you trying to taunt me?! huh? huh? TRY IT!!" All while wearing her pink and white reebok ball cap and her cut off knee length jean shorts. I was even scared!

1. 5 words: Becky's Heart at the Park

I love you, Becky. Thank you for being a great friend!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6 comments:

TK said...

In case Becky might be checking back here which I'm sure she will in all interest of her birthday and because I know she can't hear it or read it enough today
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!! i love you....you know that last part was not easy for me.

BTW Lauren I like the closer up picture.

berrytribe said...

She does fill our lives in a special way!! Happy Birthday Becky!!

Kristy said...

Becky wishing you a very happy day.. welcome to the 30 club

Sarah said...

Yep.. the 30's are wonderful Beckster!!

I was going to wish you Happy B-day at Bible study.. but couldn't find you...

Lauren.. you are a great friend!!

Becky said...

I agree with Sarah, Lauren, you are a great friend. You know how happy you made my heart. Thanks for making me feel special all the time!

Kara said...

Yes I agree Lauren! Now I am counting down to my Birthday.

Becky I hope you had a great day today!!!Happy Birthday again! I love you!