Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Now THAT'S Ghetto!

As you know, from Riley's Journey, My friend, Cat and I were in LA yesterday. After Riley's appointment, it was getting close to his bedtime, so instead of sitting down at a restaurant we decided to find the nearest drive through. So...we ended up at a Kentucky Fried Chicken really close to the freeway. We ordered our $2.99 meal deals and pulled up to the window. Upon arriving at the window, we see this:
If you can't figure it out, this is a picture of a steel box encasing a sheet of bulletproof glass. Fully equipped with a speaker box.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I look at Cat and we're both kind of confused and starting too look around kind of nervously. A man approaches the window and through the speaker box, I hear my total: "$7.19 please". I didn't know where to put it right away because I didn't want my 10 dollar bill to fly off of the tray. So I looked at the man, held out my money and he motioned for me to put it down on the tray...so I put it on the tray, and as he turned his little contraption around to take the money, my immediate instinct reaction was to put both my hands in the air so that the man knew I wasn't concealing any weapons. I looked at Cat, and she put her hands up too...just in case! Seconds later we saw this:
Our food and the change of course.

We SLOWLY drove away avoiding any quick movements. Then we decided to roll up our windows and lock the doors until we were completely out of the area!

A STEEL CASED BULLET PROOF DRIVE THROUGH WINDOW...
now THAT'S ghetto!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ghetto Fabulous!!

:)

hula4jesus said...

I know that is totally GHETTO!!! They have one similar to that in our neighborhood - at the lovely Lemon Grove Pizza Hut, where you pick up pizzas. They have a "special door" to retrieve money and give you your pizza. They also "buzz" in their employees. Obviously they have had some problems there before. It's all so very sad . . .

Becky said...

Ghetto like using your water cup to get soda ghetto???