Friday, September 28, 2007

Things are looking brighter!


Tonight marks the first night of a lighter, more jubilant season of life! The Office. For anyone who watches the Emmy award winning show, you know what I'm talking about. I seriously haven't laughed as hard as I did tonight since the finally of season 3. If you haven't watched it yet, rent the first season and watch it all the way through. You will be blessed! I guarantee it!

Here are some of my favorite quotes from tonight's season premiere:

Michael Scott:
Ladies and gentlemen, I have some bad news. Meredith was hit by a car. It happened this morning in the parking lot. I took her to the hospital and the doctors tried to save her.. life.. they did the best that they could.... and she is going to be OK.
Stanley: What is wrong with you? Why did you have to phrase it like that?
Oscar: So she's really going to be fine?
Michael Scott: Yes, she has a slight pelvical fracture, but people have survived far worse.
Pam: Thank God you were there.
Michael Scott: I know.
Andy Bernard: Did you see who did it?
Dwight Schrute: No need. We can just check the security tapes.
Michael Scott: Kind of good news bad news there. I was able to be on the scene so quickly because I was in the car that hit her.
Jim Halpert: Who was driving?
[Michael pauses and is speechless]
Pam: Oh Michael.

Michael Scott: Well, I ran down Meredith in my car.
Ryan Howard: Ohhhh, did you do this on purpose?
Michael Scott: No, I was being negligent, but she's in the hospital, she's fine, recovering nicely, tiny little crack in her pelvis, but she will be up in...
Ryan Howard: Did this happen on company property?
Michael Scott: Yes. It was on company property with company property. So, double jeopardy. We are fine.
Ryan Howard: I don't think you understand how jeopardy works.
Michael Scott: Oh, right. I'm sorry. What is "we're fine"?

Michael Scott: Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know... I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me... that's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make.

Michael Scott: You know what they say in the Bible about forgiveness. Forgiveness is next to Godliness.

Michael Scott: Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this compulsive need to be liked. Like my need to be praised.
Michael Scott:
Why I'm taking responsibility, and it is up to me to get rid of the curse that hit Meredith with my car. I'm not superstitious, but I am a little sitious.

Michael Scott: Is there a God? If not, what are all these churches for? And who is Jesus' dad?

There are a TON more quotes worth memorizing from this episode! Check em out...HERE!
Thank You Lord for the next 13 weeks of The Office!

4 comments:

TK said...

Amen!!

Kristy said...

I enjoyed the picture of the Gods we could have the monkey with antlers. I also laughed about the poor cat in the freezer shredding the potatoes. I love Thursday nights.

Kara said...

Too bad we can't all get together and watch it each week. That would be so much fun!

Sarah said...

Hey... if you all get together... I want to be there. :)


Lauren, you made me laugh all over again. Todd and I were going through withdrawls because we weren't able to watch it at my in-laws... :)