Thursday, June 7, 2007

Look out world...It's a brand new day!!

Well...I think a record was set today. At 8:15AM I awarded myself with the "earliest mom at the park award" I sat on the park bench at the early hour literally looking up in the sky and thanking God for a BEAUTIFUL WARM morning and for placing Aztec Park almost LITERALLY right outside our front door. When we woke up this morning, the house was a mess, the kids were awake and having a screaming contest and Steve and I were already feeling the stress that would be a crazy day. So...I decided that I would get up, brush my teeth, put some decent clothes on, and take the boys out for an early park trip. I will definitely do it more often! Both boys were very happy to be outside and releasing energy, and I was happy that they weren't inside my house bouncing off the walls, creating endless messes. Although they had a good time, and I'm happy about that, the REAL reason I will do early park trips very often is because BOTH boys went down for their naps at 11:00am. I was able to gain a little more sanity in this past hour and a half and couldn't be more thankful for that!! Thank You Public Park. I love you.




3 comments:

TK said...

That Riley really knows how to smile for the camera, very cute. I'm also glad to see Cameron's curls have survived another day, hold on tresses hold on for your life.

Heather Hammond said...

I remember that kind of day when I lived in Indiana - you had to get out of the house, but it was too cold to go outside. SOOOOO, off to the indoor BurgerKing Play land! Caleb would come home exhausted, just like Cameron and Riley. Can someone say, "Praise God" for nap time!!!

Sarah said...

Fresh air does wonders for their sleep time!! :)

It will get easier....