Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First 10 in San Diego

Since the day we decided we were headed back west, I've been constantly thinking about "the first thing I'm going to do when we get back to San Diego!" There are SO many things I can't wait to do when I get home! So, today, on October 1st, the beginning of our 28 day countdown until the day of our flight, here's a list of 10 things I can't WAIT to do when we land on the sunny, West Coast!

1. Hug my mom and dad, and let them have at my boys!
2. See extended family. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins!
3. Get a Carne Asada Burrito from Sarita's in Spring Valley!
4. Meet with friends!
5. Get connected in a small group!
6. Cameron in pre-school!
7. Find a great softball team! (Mom and dad to come to the games!)
8. Trolley Stop Deli Pastrami and Swiss on Rye with pasta salad!
9. Playing scrabble with mom and dad!
10. Go visit our cabins in the desert!

After I finished listing these things, I realized that this list is comprised mostly of things I've taken for granted in the past. They were just part of a regular routine of our life! And I'll probably take them for granted again. But for now, I'm so thankful for those things. I'm also excited to make the last 27 days here in Raleigh great, special and memorable! We are leaving a beautiful place and a great group of friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My top 7 for your return to San Diego
1. Give everyone of you great big hugs & kisses!
2. Pumpkin Carving with Cameron, Riley & Ryder.
3. "Matchsticks' with Cameron & Ryder.
4. Get together with Grandma Charlie and her boys that she has missed so much and watch them have a good time together.
5. Big Spagetti dinner with everyone my house!
6. Potato peeling contest!
7. Graving making with you!
Lots of Love Aunt Artie!

Kara said...

I can't believe you couldn't stick in a cup of ice along with Trolley Stop.

Anonymous said...

We hope to have the chance to meet up with you! Would love for the boys to meet.
Their is a family in Alaska that needs some extra prayers, please visit this blog..http://lifereframed.blogspot.com
The little boy's name is Seth and he has Crouzons. Sadly he is gone now, had surgery for his midface and didn't make it. He was 3 1/2 yrs old.
When I hear of a child with one of these craniofacial syndromes and see a picture, to me it almost feels like family.
Warm Hugs for you all as you make your journey back to San Diego!
Dawn (mom to Cole, Pfeiffer Syndrome, El Cajon)

Anonymous said...

Wait, you're coming back for good? I thought you were just visiting! That's so exciting! I can't wait to see you all.
God bless
Alicia