Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No Snoopy's in Cali!

As I get more and more anxious to see friends and family in SD, I can't help but to think about the many things I'm going to miss about North Carolina!
1. Snoopy's (of course, tops the list)
2. Green, lush landscape
3. Friends
4. BBQ
5. A sort of freedom away from people we know!
6. My nice, big house! (that's relative, I know!)
7. Being part of a great new spiritual movement in the community!
8. Having an opportunity to do ministry full time.
9. Riley's therapists
10. AMAZING thunderstorms!

There are so many more that I don't have time to list. There is no doubt in my mind that our plane ride home will be bitter sweet. (Although I'll probably be so busy with the kids that I won't have time to think about ANYTHING!) God blessed us with everything we prayed for here. We are so thankful and humbled to have been a part of the amazing work God is doing at Church at the Triangle. Riley has grown leaps and bounds developmentally. It's no coincidence that God has placed us in all the EXACT right places for Riley's specific needs. Amazing!

As much as we're going to miss all the things listed above, we've officially entered a season where our comfort in a nice house, and GREAT ministry isn't as important as the growth and development of our boys! (I know..."it's about time!") They've always just been along for the ride involving what Steve and I wanted to do with our lives. I'm excited to finally turn the tables and let life be about them! I'm eager for them to grow up knowing and loving their great great grandma's and grandpa's, and valuing people and family over self desires, even goals and accomplishments.

Yesterday, Mrs. Margaret (Riley's speech therapist) talked about how much she was going to miss Riley. We'll still see her through the end of next month, but it was still a sad day yesterday to break the news to her! Upon waving goodbye, Riley decided to stay outside and sit on the steps with his sad face. Cameron of course, had to get in on the pout session!






I'm hoping for a great transition. Because God loves these boys more than I could, I'm hopeful!

1 comment:

hula4jesus said...

Ommigoodness . . . is that not the sweetest picture? I love how children are so free to express themselves - and to them, there is absolutely no consequence in doing so.