Friday, August 22, 2008

Just helpin' out!

Riley hates the grocery store. He doesn't like sitting in carts at ALL! I had to take him to the store to buy some basics, and today Riley LOVED the grocery store!

Why?! Because today he had a purpose!!



I found this cart inside the store and thought he'd enjoy pushing his cart while I pushed mine! It was definitely the LOUDEST cart in the store, and whenever he got near someone he'd abandon his cart right in their way and run to me in embarrassment! But for the most part, Riley was focused and determined to get everything he needed! And didn't need. We ended up putting back the dog bones, hair dye, and Flamin' Hot Cheeto's.




I let him go ahead of me as we got in line to check out. He haphazardly decided to mosey his cart right on down the line of the other four people who were ahead of us. And even started handing his items to the checkout lady at that point. They got a good laugh, and I had a little talk with him about the rules of the grocery store!

As crazy as he was, I'm very happy my boy had a great time being mommy's helper today!

1 comment:

Christian said...

Hahaha....how cute is he? Riley can come help me grocery shop any time.