Friday, June 20, 2008

Happiest Day of the Year!

"An equation that measures happiness has allowed a mathematician to determine that today is the happiest day of the year, due in part to the length of evenings, proportion of outdoor activities and nice weather, and the first day of summer and its association with positive childhood memories."

This is the big talk on Google Trends today. I naturally took a few moments this morning to wonder if today felt like the happiest day of the year for ME! And although there are still many days left in the year, today is a very happy day indeed!

Somehow, my wimp of a brain often decides that happiness is determined by whether or not all my bills are paid, with money left over in the bank. I might as well face the fact that I'll NEVER be "happy", if that's the case. Thankfully it's not. I love it when God gives me peace in the midst of my insecurities. Money is definitely an insecurity of mine. And thankfully God still provides, even when my faith is... well...not faith!

For some reason, this morning, I didn't wake up thinking about money, or my computer, or all the things I had to get done before the day ended. I actually woke up energized to start my day, even as the kids were already bouncing off the walls at 6:30AM. Maybe it was the warm weather and "long days", or "childhood memories" and "outdoor activities". I'm not sure. Here are some things that I know for a fact make today happy!

I'm so happy to be able to wake up in the morning laying next to my husband, who's my best friend. I'm so thankful for him and the risks he takes in order to follow God and provide for our family.

I'm so happy about the friends I've made from the softball team I found on CRAIGSLIST!
I met with Christian today. And as she shared about how she felt God put me in their lives, I couldn't help but to feel like it was the other way around. God brought me here to give Christian and Kelly to ME. We also talked about how it feels like we've known each other forever. Sometimes I totally forget that I've only known them for 3 months! I couldn't have asked God to put me in community with a better group of friends!! They're definitely more awesome than what I ever prayed for.

I'm so happy that God CHOSE us to be part of Church at the Triangle. He could have chosen ANYONE, but He chose us. I think anyone who leaves family and friends, leaves with reluctancy (new word?). As much as I wish I could be close to home, there's truly nothing like the feeling of riding in the center of the wave of God's will. The sweet spot. We've never experienced that like we're experiencing it now.

A couple of other reasons today is the happiest day of my year:

1. The receptionist at Riley's speech therapists office, who I've been talking to for a few weeks recognized my email address and had heard about Church at the Triangle. She just happened to know Lee and Carla very well, and...SURPRISE... her family is looking for a church! That happens to one of us every day!

2. We had a great meeting with our launch team today! It's sooo awesome to be around people who are just as excited about launching our church as we are!

3. Riley starts speech therapy on Monday! I can't believe that we're getting all of this help for free! Seriously. It's like having doctors coming to my house every week to make my son better, and it's not costing us anything. We don't even have to go through insurance like I thought we might have to. Riley has a very promising future, in that his weaknesses are treatable. But they're just significant enough to make us eligible for all the help he needs.

4. Lee and Carla get home from the beach tomorrow! YEAH!! We have a lot to catch up on! Let's go to coffee, C!

5. Heather, Kevin, Kalia, Kai and Peyton get here on SUNDAY!!! These guys sold their business, and their house, just to come to Raleigh to be part of CATT!! I'm so stoked for them to come on board, and I'm even more happy that Cameron will have a buddy to play with every day!

Finally, this is my favorite reason why today is the happiest day of the year:







My boys are happy boys in every moment that they get to spend together! Especially in the shower!

5 comments:

TK said...

I loved your post today. I was just thinking along the same lines a few minutes ago. It's hotter than heck here and lately I've been waking up so overwhelmed with everything. Last night at church Ed said we usually get what we are looking for. For some reason this morning I started thinking why do I choose to be so overwhelmed? Why do I choose to act like this heat makes us miserable? I have so much to be thankful for and so many things in my day including the heat to enjoy and be happy about. I think that mathematician was on to something because watching my kids starting summer has caused me to reflect on my childhood summer memories and what I loved about it and it makes me want to help create fun summer memories for my kids and enjoy it with them.

Anyways sorry for writing a novel again in your comments. Enjoy your happy, summer day and heres to many more of them. Maybe we should pretend he determines tomorrow the happiest day of the year and so on and so on.

Lauren Faiai said...

Thanks T. I agree that maybe if we expected our days to be great ones, they probably would be!

Enjoy your day!

Christian said...

yes, today was a good day and I look forward to many more days of long talks, sitting outside in the gorgeous weather, forgetting about time as we enjoy conversation. Here's to many years of friendship and growing old together so that you, Kelly and I can sitting in our rocking chairs on the front porch with our sweet teas and talking about "when we were kids we didn't have....." and "these youngsters these days, they don't fully understand....." You know, the same stuff I'm sure our grandparents sit around and talk about with their friends these days.

Anonymous said...

love sucking little boys c--ks

Anonymous said...

love making little boys suck each others cock while i take pics.