Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lindsay Jo

Lindsay is definitely one of my favorite people on the planet. When we were younger we fought like drama queens! Except for when we'd carve pumpkins together!

As we've grown older, our love for each other has grown tremendously too! I think she loves me mostly because I birthed her nephews!! Anyway...today, in honor of her 25th birthday, I wanted to list some of the MANY things I admire most about my sister Lindsay!

- Lindsay is the most selfless person I know. She doesn't try to be a caring trusting person, she just IS!

- Lindsay lives a life of no compromise. She stands up for what she believes is right, and doesn't waver in the things she's passionate about. (This means, she calls me 50 times on the day of the NC primaries to make sure I VOTE!)

- To Lindsay, CREATIVITY itself is out of style. She's her own trend setter and has always been on the cutting edge of art and design.

- On Christmas and other holidays, Lindsay makes us personal gifts. They're not lame either. She's made me a few wall hangings and stuffed animals for the boys!

- Lindsay is unconditional. Whether you've screwed her over, stolen her latest fashion concept or have known her forever, Lindsay will be your friend! And she'll love you unconditionally.

My favorite thing about my sister is all of the memories we have together.
Some of my favorites:
-Rats in the Attic Attic

- Uhh Shoot

- Mom and Dad's Anniversary Song

- Visiting her and my mom on the set of Titanic

- Listening to her sing the Yeah yeah yeah's (or whatever they're called) in the car

- Family Cameltoe Hairdo

- When dad picked you up by your hair

- Making fun of Landon's "Oh MY GOD, MOM...Do you WANT me to flunk my test tomorrow? She's helping me with my HOMEWORK".

- Carquest Coast to Coast Guarantee

Lindsay, I LOVE you and miss you a ton! So do my boys! Hope to see you soon!
Happy 25th Birthday!


Here's me and my sis getting our haircut not so long ago!



Here she is with her boyfriend, Buzzy!


And here's her Obama cake!




Definitely queen of the power tools!

If you think Lindsay is as AWESOME as I think she is, and if you really want to give her a gift for her birthday, but can't make it out to Portland any time soon, check out maplexo.com and buy a bunch of her jewelry made from recycled skateboards. Or just look for it in your local skate shop!

3 comments:

Lindsay Jo said...

Thanks Lauren. If I had a blog, I'd write the same things about you on your birthday. Well... they'd be different things, but the same idea. That was the nicest birthday present ever! I love ya Lauren and I can't wait to come visit you guys in Norf Caronina!

Anonymous said...

"Never give up"

Winston Churchill

hula4jesus said...

Lauren, what a beautiful tribute to Lindsay . . . .

Sisters have special relationships, don't they? You don't think you'd EVER be close, let alone LIKE each other, especially in those teen years when our emotions and hormones are raging. But as we get older . . . we settle into this unique relationship that blossoms into a special love for our sisters.

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!!
From the Lacangan Clan