Friday, May 30, 2008

Cameron Says...

This may be considered more of a "Cameron does" version of this segment today, but nonetheless, it qualified!

Cameron LOVES coming to my softball games. He asks me if it's a softball day, pretty much everyday. The reason he likes coming isn't because of the playground, or to play with other kids, and he certainly doesn't come just because he's interested in my batting average. Cameron LOVES softball game days because before almost every game we stop by the store to pick up water and one snack for him to eat at the game. Cameron loves his snacks. He usually chooses Cheeto's and a Gatorade. This snack stop is well worth his GREAT attitude throughout the rest of the evening and during my game.

Yesterday, I told him that we weren't going to stop by the store for a snack before the game, and that he should bring something from home. To my surprise, Cameron wasn't upset. He didn't whine, or even question why we weren't going to the store. Instead he replied by saying "Ok, mom, I will pack my own snack!"

As I started getting my uniform and everything together, I heard the stool being moved in the kitchen and the silverware drawer being opened and closed. A few moments later...

"Ok, I'm ready to go now, mom!" We headed out the door, and it wasn't until we got outside that I noticed what he had packed for his snack. "What is that, baby?!" I asked.

"It's a peanut butter sandwich, mom!"

It wasn't just any peanut butter sandwich though. For some reason, I guess my son prefers the heel parts of a loaf of bread, because he managed to work his way through the loaf of bread to take out both ends to make his sandwich. I thought that was kind of funny! But then, when I looked closer, the thing that amused me even more was the 1 big bite taken out of the sandwich. I guess it just looked so good when he finished making it that he couldn't resist a little taste!

He was very proud of his homemade snack. I'm proud of him too. Even though I still don't understand why he had to put the tiny sandwich inside a gigantic freezer bag. Oh well! That's my boy!

1 comment:

Christian said...

Again....I just want to eat him UP!!!