Monday, April 28, 2008

Unabashed Confession.


I LOVE the Backstreet Boys.

As I was sorting through some old CD's the other day, I found my "Mellenium" album. I forgot about the way I MELT when I listen to almost every song on the CD. A lot of my BB sentiment stems from great memories of not too long ago.

My favorite memory of the Backstreet Boys is from when I was in high school, playing ball for our club team. My dad (the cool guy that he is) bought most BB cd's whenever they came out. We'd travel far away to tournaments almost every weekend. I'd get in the car in full uniform minus cleats (waited to put those on when we were 1 exit away from the fields). My dad and I would cruise the freeway in his Lexus with the windows down...bumping "I'll be the One" on his AWESOME system! We'd sing every word at the top of our lungs (at least I did!). Sometimes I'd even stand on the middle console and stick my head out the sunroof to really give the song it's full effect. Good times.

Another fond memory with the Boys was, again in high school...when nothing mattered besides persuading my favorite teachers into letting me ditch class. I really wanted to hook 2 of my teachers up. Mr. McMahon and Ms. Kable. They were great friends, I thought they needed to be MORE than friends. So...me and my bff, Jenna would talk to each of them separately and arrange to all meet for lunch in one of their classrooms (on MANY occasions). When they sat down to eat lunch, me and Jenna would totally play cool, pretend that we were all there just enjoying eachother's company...then (tricky me) I'd casually make my way to the CD player in the room by Ms. Kables desk, and switch whatever CD she had in there with my Backstreet Boys Mellenium CD. "I Need You Tonight" was THE PERFECT song for the greatly anticipated moment they were about to have...so I'd BLARE it...I'd give Jenna the signal and we'd make an excuse to leave so that they could both just have time to sit and soak in the words and understand that they were just made for each other.

The end result? Well...they both got married to different people...but oh well! It left me with one of my favorite memories EVER!

As a tribute to what I'd call my FAVORITE season of life, here's a list of my all time favorite songs by the Backstreet Boys! Timeless in my heart FOR SURE!

1. I'll Be The One
2. I Need You Tonight
3. As Long As You Love Me
4. Don't Want You Back
5. I Want it That Way
6. I'll Never Break Your Heart
7. Quit Playing Games
8. Larger Than Life
9. Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
10. All I Have to Give

Thanks Backstreet Boys for the memories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to my 20 YEAR REUNION in June! I'm officially old!
Keep up the good work youngster!
You rock!
Luv ya!

Becky said...

Hello,
"I want it that way" should be #1, it kicks booty