Saturday, April 26, 2008

CATT UPDATE 4.26.08

For the past few weeks, since my last update, we've been trying to land an office space. We really want to have a 7 day a week presence in a building where we'd be able to hold classes in, store supplies etc... Every space in the mall where we're we meet on Sunday's was occupied...until about 2 weeks ago!

We heard about a possible opening in the indoor mall, and after a little research and talking with the landlord, God blessed us with an office!! We couldn't have asked for a better location, as it's directly across from the room where we've been meeting for service on Sunday mornings! We're actually going to have our service in the spot this weekend, because the event center room is being used for a wedding this Sunday morning!

I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to walk into a building and LEAVE our stuff there!! We've been setting up and tearing down EVERY WEEKEND... time well spent, yes. But I am so thankful we won't have to pack up the car on Saturday nights anymore to prepare for Sunday mornings!!

Here's sort of a diagram of where our office space is in relation to our meeting space.


And here is a front view of our new office space, which we'll use as our meeting space pretty regularly.





Aside from buildings and church, church, church...we're settling in well to our new community. We actually just noticed that last week we had commitments EVERY night of the week!! It didn't take too long for our weeknights to fill up!!

Before I got here, I asked God to place me in great friendships. The funny thing about that is when I finally got here, I didn't have much desire for meeting a ton of people right away. Not sure why! Most anyone who knows me, knows that I love and even LIVE in deep relationships! Well I was able to enjoy living in anonymity for a few months...and now I have a fresh new desire for friends and knowing them! YAY! I would mention them, but they already know who they are!!

Steve's niece, Krystle finally got here about 2 weeks ago! She has already been a HUGE help! She's been interviewing for jobs at the mall by our house. I'm anxious for her to find her own group of friends here soon!

We have an exciting new series coming up, which will definitely turn up temperature of our project here. So when we finish defining what that will look like, I'll be sure to post an update!!

Thanks again to all who are praying daily for Church at the Triangle!! You rock!

After our Easter Experience, one of our guys put together a video highlighting the events of the day. Click here to check it out! It might take a few seconds to load.

No comments: