Thursday, February 21, 2008

I needed a new pair of shoes, so I went to my favorite shoe store this morning to check out the selection. Cameron went with me. I told him that we'd get him a pair of shoes too (he always needs new shoes), so I picked some slip on tennis shoes out for him and then found a pair for me. While I was finishing putting my shoes back on, Cameron came around the corner wearing these bad boys:



Yes...half croc/half lightning McQueen sandal looking things. I told him to take them off, but he told me "they're only 20 bucks, mom!" (they we're $19.99- He was pretty close). I told him they were too goofy and that he couldn't walk around wearing them. After this very sad face:



Steve sat him down on one of the shoe fitting stools and told him that they could make a deal. If he went 2 nights in a row without wetting his bed, daddy would get him the shoes. "Is that a deal?" Steve asked..."No deal!" Cameron said. Then he told us he was "just kidding", and said that we don't have to get him the shoes because he said his grandma is going to get them for him when she comes! "Oh yea! Good thinking Cameron. I'm glad we didn't get them. Grandma would be sad if she came here and you already had them!"



Reasoning with a three year old isn't easy. After this interaction, I'm wondering who really reasons with who!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
trust me you can't really reason with a 3 yr. old although I can say that he is very smart in his thinking. Just wait till he hit's
5th grade than the fun really begins with their hormon's and they aren't cute like a 3 yr. old. He does however look cute in those shoes (even though they aren't practical) and it's something you'll look back on and laugh.
I wish at times I could go back to those cute years with my kids so enjoy it.
Jane