Sunday, February 24, 2008

Getting a Life!

Getting a life beyond Church was one of the first things on our agenda when we started planning our move out here. We've literally scoured the town for extra curricular activities that peak our interest. We're also just trying to make as MANY contacts as we can, because we've found that the more people we know, the more there is to do! Establishing play groups for the kids is tricky just because it's still pretty cold here. Too cold to take the kids to the park on a consistent basis. It should start warming up in March...(so that's what I hear) We'll see. About 2 weeks ago I found an ad on Craigslist for a softball league. I figured I'd call and check it out. I had no idea it was going to be way more serious than my co-ed team in SD! Holy Cow! They had me try out before they added me to the roster. I was pretty nervous. Thankfully the tryout went fine and I was able to pick out my number "5" and my jersey yesterday! We'll be practicing every week, and we'll have games on Wednesdays and Thursday nights. That pretty much covers my week nights!

I'm in the middle of making a decision about where Cameron will attend pre-school. The plan is to have him in school by the fall! That sounds crazy. I can't believe my baby boy is already going to be in pre-school in a few months.

Riley spends most of his spare time listening to his iPod. It's pretty funny. The boy will seriously sit on the floor holding the earpiece in his ear and listen to his favorite songs for an hour at a time! I made him his own playlist.

Behind where we live is a place called Frankie's. It's a combination between Dave and Busters and Boomers. Not as kiddie as Boomers, but it has an inside arcade and outside rides including 3 go cart race tracks. Anyway, we went there last night and had a really fun time. Cameron and I drove a race car, we played put put golf and played some arcade games inside. Cameron was SOOO tired by the end of our night, his eyes were literally closing when he was on one of the kiddie rides inside the arcade. Malae and Carla came with us and Ashlee and Carlee Towns met us there. We'll definitely have to go back...next time...without the boys!!




Since I never take pictures of my Riley boy, here are a couple from the mall the other day. He's totally got the curly hair going on, by the way. It's going to be just like Cameron's. If I could only find a way to keep all that hair under control!

No comments: