Saturday, December 1, 2007

Moving in the Rain.

Not as much fun as singing in the rain for sure! Oh well... as of last night, we're officially out of our apartment. We knew this week would be crazy. Steve's work schedule is absolutely CHAOTIC, so I knew I'd have to do A LOT of the packing and shipping. The RAIN was never something I planned on! Steve's family was busy watching our children, so we moved out by ourselves. I packed boxes and cleaned the house, and between shifts, Steve came home and shuffled boxes to storage. It rained early in the day, but we were able to use my parents truck for a few hours to take our big stuff to storage, so that worked out fine. Steve worked all day yesterday and had to lead worship at church last night. I stayed home and finished sorting out the rest of our belongings so that they were ready for Steve to pack when he got home. We were making great time when Steve got home at 8:00PM. He had to leave for work at 9:20pm, so we started hustling up and down the stairs trying to get the rest of the stuff ouy of our apartment...and then...the rain! Not just a few sprinkles. It POURED. We looked at each other and decided to pick up the pace. If you were one of our neighbors, you might have thought there was a time bomb about to go off in our apartment. I still can't figure out how we carried everything down as fast as we did. But I will forever keep in mind that my teeth are definitely useful for carrying lots of different things...like pillows and small cardboard boxes!

So...long story short...it was messy, I don't know where any of my clothes are, but...we're out, and I'm glad!

4 comments:

TK said...

Ok would it be that hard to ask for a little help??? Reading this was somewhat painful because it sounded like you guys really needed help, please ask next time.

Sarah said...

Seriously!! That is what Todd is for. :)

Kara said...

Yes I as well felt like a horrible friend. Moving is definately better with help. Sorry we should have just shown up at some point!

hula4jesus said...

You guys are crazy trying to move yourselves! But, that is pretty incredible you were able to do it without help. Must've eatn an extra helping of your Wheaties!!