Thursday, October 4, 2007

Storytime and LOVE!

This week I decided to take Cameron to the library for storytime and also to find some new books to read! Cameron was very excited about storytime and really wanted to know who was reading the story. So we sat down with the other 5 kids and their mom's and then entered "Miss Molly"! As soon as she sat down and introduced herself, Cameron felt the need to get up and stand right next to her and say "Hi Miss Molly, my name is Cameron!" She acknowledged him and then used the moment to let the rest of the kids introduce themselves to her. After she met all the kids, they sat in a circle, and Miss Molly started reading a story about an owl who was lost. The kids were all sitting politely listening...at which point Cameron...stands up again and says "I think the owl is saying 'I want my mommy!' Sometimes I miss my mommy, but my mommy is right there so I'm not scared of the library!" "Oh I'm glad you're not scared Cameron" Miss Molly says as she continues reading. At this point I just feel like cracking up because I've never seen Cameron so animated in front of people before...but I keep my cool and just hope he doesn't stand up and interrupt again. Miss Molly finished the first story and picked up the second...at which point...AGAIN...Cameron stood up and walked over to Miss Molly to tell her "I'm SOOOO happy you're here Miss Molly. You're my teacher and I am so happy!!!" Keep in mind...he's totally jumping up and down because he's so happy! After a couple of more stories and Cameron's "Sometimes at my grandmas house..." interruptions, it's time to leave. We got in the car to go home, and the boy started crying. A really quiet, sad, passionate cry. I asked him what was wrong...and well..yes...his next words were, and I quote "I miss Miss Molly sooo much, mom. She is sooo sweet. She's going to miss me so much." I told him that she will probably miss him and that we'll definitely go back and visit during story time next week. We went to a different library today for story time, but when Cameron didn't see Miss Molly he decided we should "go back home".

So we'll be patiently waiting for next Wednesday's story time at the El Cajon library. And I'm going to try my best to keep Cameron's mind off how much he misses his "teacher".

Just an FYI - I don't at all wonder where he got this crazy sudden passion for Miss Molly. My mom or anyone who knew me in high school would tell you that I always had pretty intense love for my teachers!!...from elementary school all the way through high school...I did my best to make my teachers know how much I valued them! It's actually really cool to identify that trait in Cameron. I can already sense his passion for people, and as over dramatic he can be, I really hope he keeps that characteristic as he gets older!


The AMAZING Miss Molly...yes camping socks over leggings and all!

2 comments:

TK said...

I don't blame Cameron, what's not to love about a lady who will not only wear skin tight leggings with camp socks over them but also take her shoes off to accentuate it and dance around.

What a great characteristic for him to have and for you to notice. Get that boy in pre-school! He will love it and his teachers will LOVE him.

berrytribe said...

We should all have a Miss Molly in our lives. I'm with Tara-pre school should be in this boy's future!!