Thursday, August 23, 2007

Holmes Family Portrait

My sister, Lindsay came in to town a couple of days ago, and my mom decided she wanted to take a picture of us. We took the picture, and I immediately ran back into the house to look through my mom's photo albums to find a comparison picture...for my blog, of course. This was the only picture of us all together in the same position/order, so here it is. I think I was 12, My sister 11 and my brother 5.
I now understand why my husband can't resist me! Could YOU?! Just look at the PASSION for LIFE GLOWING in my eyes!

Here we are thirteen years later.

After lots of softball, gymnastics, Karate, wrestling, plays, school, tatoos, babies, kidney stones, one great husband, lot's of girlfriends, and an awesome boyfriend...each of us has turned into our own individual person, and as we reminisce on old times, plaid vest shirts and bangs, we're continuing to learn about and admire each others individuality. I am so grateful for my siblings, and even more grateful for my outfit on some fall day before school in 1994. AWESOME.

4 comments:

TK said...

You and Lindsay were sporting the same navy plaid look. That's a really good picture of the three of you today.

How was the boyfriend?

Kara said...

I think I had that shirt you were wearing. Seriously!

Becky said...

This is for every parent who has ever wondered about their kids. You look so stoked to be headed off to school. Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren,
I saw this post and couldn't resist commenting! I love that you can see my house, my dad's truck AND the hockey goal! LOVE it. It might have made my day actually.

Looks like all is well with you guys...oh, and I still love to look at the picture of all the Sawgrass girls at your wedding!

Love, Christine