Thursday, August 23, 2007

4 YEARS AND COUNTING...

On our 4 year wedding anniversary today, I was going to write a mushy post about our wedding and how great it was, but since I have two kids screaming and running around the house like crazy chickens, I've decided to tell you, blog world, the top ten things I love about my husband.

I love my husband because...

1. He values people. I don't think there's anyone on this earth that Steve doesn't see potential in.

2. He loves kids. My husband loves kids more than any man I know. He has WAY more patience with Cameron and Riley than I'll ever have, and I'm very thankful for that.

3. He has an amazing voice. I think the day I officially fell in love with Steve was the first day I heard him sing. I still remember the first song I heard him sing.

4. He does the laundry. I know I've mentioned this one before...but it's really worth mentioning again. Just last night I went on a walk with a friend, and when I got home, he was folding clothes. I could have married him for this reason alone!

5. He loves learning. Whether it's in a book he's reading, a tape he's listening to, or just in conversation...Steve loves to dig deep in learning more about God and living life.

6. He loves sports. I know some women don't like this passion in their men, but I do. Maybe it's because I love sports too, or maybe just because it's such a great common bond he has with most of his male friends.

7. He's passionate. I don't think there's anything Steve doesn't do without passion. Whether it's planning a get together, writing a song, talking to friends, loving his kids and me...he's the most passionate man I've ever known.

8. He has remarkable faith. Steve's faith makes mine look non-existent. I know that sounds terrible, but his strength in knowing and trusting in our "God of the midnight hour" has always been amazing to me.

9. He loves me. The man with all of the qualities listed above loves ME! I'm indebted to God for that.

10. He loves God. Steve's love and desire for God has always been the foundation of our relationship, even before we were married. He 's always put his relationship with God before his love for anything else, and I really can't think of a better way he could love me than by allowing GOD to be his number one. There's so much security in knowing God matters most to him.

I'm so glad to be married to my best friend. On this day, as we celebrate the past 4 years of marriage, I am so thankful for my island man, and the two little island boys he gave me.

Happy Anniversary, Sitivi Lemasani Faiai!

Oute Alofa ia te oe

7 comments:

Becky said...

Happy 4th Anniversary!
I love you both.
I am thankful for you.

berrytribe said...

YeeHah!! Happy Anniversary!! Celebrate and love each other a little more!! :)

TK said...

Wow it's only been 4 years. It seems longer. You guys have been through a lot in 4 years.
Go celebrate, you deserve it!!

Kara said...

Ditto! Have a great trip! I hope you have a fabulous time!

hula4jesus said...

Lauren and Steve - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I can't believe it's already been 4 years . . . it seems like you two were only dating a few months ago! It's so cool to see you two grow as a couple and in the Lord and when I see you both up on the pulpit doing what you guys do best . . . it's just blesses my heart! Keep serving Him will all your being . . . and He will will continually bless your marriage, your ministry and your family! Love you all!

Fran and family

Coachrk said...

Congratulations it has been great knowing you and calling you friends from before and now after your marriage.

May this year be your best yet!

Sarah said...

Congrats!! We love you guys! :)