Monday, July 16, 2007

Spoiled Plans Redefined

At about 3:30pm today, I started my Spaghetti with Italian sausage meat sauce. Steve started packing diaper bags and dressing the boys warm. We headed out to Petco Park to watch our Padres play the Mets! We packed all our own food and drinks and got there 2 hours early to find a free parking space. We also still needed to purchase our "Park Pass" which is a pass to get inside the park, allowing us to walk wherever, but only sit in the "park" picnic area. What a PERFECT summer night!

Steve dropped me off in front of the box office where I asked for 4 tickets to sit in the "Park at the Park". The man working immediately informed me that the Park was sold out, and the next cheapest seats were 14 dollar bleacher seats. I had enough cash on me to buy the bleacher tickets (the boys are free), so I said "I'll just take the bleacher tickets". The man then gave me a pen and asked me to initial the tickets stating that I understood that those particular bleacher seats were "obstructed view" seats. I said..."hmmm that's ok, are there at least monitors for us to watch?" He said "no, not right there". So...before I paid to give him my autograph, I told him I had to ask my husband. Long story short...we nixed the idea, and Steve decided we should take our dinner and blankets and have a picnic at Seaport Village.
I was definitely bummin' on the way to Seaport, knowing we were going to miss the game. But I'll have to say that our dinner picnic at Seaport Village was definitely a special time for the four of us tonight. I don't think we could have planned it any better! It was sooooo worth all of the preparation, and I hope we can make it a scheduled outing for us in the very near future.

I love Petco Park, but I'm not sure we would have been able to eat our corn dogs and spaghetti while being serenaded by the peaceful cultural music of "Tinku".




And I'm not sure we would have had the chance to experience these unsolicited smiles!









And we wouldn't have had the chance to talk about how amazing the boats in the water were.









Daddy would've missed out on this kiss.







And we definitely wouldn't have been able to embrace Cameron's pure joy in this moment.



Tonight, I think we re-defined "the perfect summer night". And now we're home in enough time to put the kids to bed, and watch the game together in the "best seats of all", the couch.

Sweet.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Know what I love about those pictures.... Riley mowing a corn dog!! That is great. :)

I am glad you guys had a good time anyway...

TK said...

I agree with Sarah, I loved the picture of Riley with the corn dog. It seems like he grew up overnight right in time for his big birthday. Cameron looks like he is having such a fun summer. Way to go mom and dad for making fun times for your family.

Becky said...

I love it when things work out like that. Looks like you guys had a beautiful evening & memorable, too...