Thursday, July 5, 2007

Do you even know who I am?!!

I took a personality profile test at the request of a good friend who's been discipling me for the past couple of months. I almost fell out of my chair when I read my results. They were pretty dead on consistent at describing who I am. I'm sooo glad I'm not crazy. There's more of you like me. I think...I hope.

<---- Yes, I know...Pretty Awesome Picture!

Here are my results. This may clear up some confusion!

LAUREN FAIAI = 100% ENFP
"'Journalist'. Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population."

I highlighted in BLUE the major characteristics of me, the "Extroverted intuitive, feeling perceiver".

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.

ENFPs are deeply committed to their friends and will sacrifice their own needs for them. They are usually very cheerful, but withdrawn when hurt or overwhelmed. ENFPs love being around people, and will talk to and feel sympathy for most everyone. In their speech, ENFPs use many metaphors and humor and speak very quickly. They swear more than most of the other types and use many colorful, if irrelevant stories to emphasize their points. They are very eloquent and can convince anyone of anything. They also know just what words to use to motivate different people. ENFPs ask many questions, especially when they first meet a person.

ENFPs often have strong, if unconvential, convictions on various issues related to their Cosmic View. They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their neglecting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.


Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned.


ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.

ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

Take Your Test HERE
email your results to lauren@journeycom.org

5 comments:

berrytribe said...

AH-It's all coming clear now! :) They are fun to take and really are enlightening. I'm glad you had that experience.

TK said...

Yes definitely sounds like you. I'm glad you feel liberated now in being YOU! There may be other "ENFP'S" out there but definitely only one Lauren Faiai. I love the unique mark that you place on this world and I'm very grateful to be a part of your life.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know you and love you! You are unique--the best ENFP around!!!!

Lauren Faiai said...

What I love MOST about this description is that swearing is just a part of who I am. So just LIVE WITH IT, people!

Sarah said...

I had to take that test a looong time ago!! I don't remember my letters, but I was an "entertainer"

The description totally fits you!! :)