Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Beautiful Beginning to a Beautiful Day

As I opened my eyes this morning, I did my normal routine of lifting my head off my pillow to see how bright it was outside, and sat up to listen for which boy was up whining for breakfast. It was...well... pleasantly quiet at 7:20am. I layed back down knowing that the craziness of the Faiai house would begin at any moment. Sure enough, Cameron walked in my room, climbed up into my bed next to me. I closed my eyes with the unrealistic hope he'd honor my sleep for a few more minutes. He started saying my name, "mommy? ... mommy?" and after about four times, I answered: "Yes, Cameron?" I opened my eyes and looked at him next to me. He put his hand on my head and said "You're so pretty, mom." I pulled him close to me and gave him a kiss and thanked him. He then started singing one of his Psalty The Bible songs (thanks Fran): "Jesus put the song in my heart, and turned my life around, He gave me a treasure, the heart of a servant!" over and over. I totally felt Cameron's sincerity in the compliment he gave me, and as he continued to sing, I hoped that someday my sweet boy would experience and be sincere in what He sang about; a life change, and a genuine desire to be a servant of God's. I can only be honest with myself to know Cameron doesn't know what a relationship with Jesus looks like yet, but I do believe that for the three minutes we layed in my bed, he truly thought his mommy was pretty!

On that note, I think I'll get up now and start my day!

3 comments:

TK said...

Love that picture of him. So that's what it feels like to wake up in a calm, beautiful, sweet manner. I was always wondering. My little drill sargeant likes to keep things a bit more on the stern side with "MOMMMMM GET UP!!!"

Kara said...

You definately are one hot mama. I am glad Cameron recognizes that!

Becky said...

I'm just so glad that you decided to accept his compliment! Some people need to work on that. You are beautiful, my friend. PS..Psalty RULES!