Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sucking Air.

Yesterday, Steve and I, along with some friends, started playing in a CO-ED softball league. We had a ton of fun, won the game 9-8, but I was reminded about how INCREDIBLY OUT OF SHAPE I AM, and also of the fact that I'm not as athletic as I was 7 years ago.

Needless to say, Steve and I were BOTH sore and whining all day about how much we hurt. He's not as sore as I am, but he's nursing a strained calf that he injured last week playing football. We've both really supported each other with sympathy today...I wrapped his calf a couple times...he rubbed my shoulders.

We managed to hold ourselves together enough so that no one would make fun of our lazy, out of shape selves... and no one did...
until we got home. And THEN the ULTIMATE mockery took place. See photo's below.

This is Steve, elevating his leg, trying to bear the pain of a strained calf muscle.



Here's me. On the other couch. I just hurt all over. I can't move!!


And here's the sweet two year old. He was playing so nicely in his room while we were hurting on both couches. He came out with a Maxi-Pad (of all things), and when I scolded him for playing underneath my sink...he politely told me "mommy...I need this on... my leg hurts BAD."

I told Cameron that what he found WASN'T an ace bandage like daddy's. He still insisted that I put it on...Steve managed to get up and get his mind on something else so that he'd stop asking.

Basically, I'm a wuss. And really out of shape. At least I'm motivated to work out now!!

3 comments:

TK said...

I would have loved to be hanging out in the Faiai house last night when you were doing your usual poses like when Steve was late coming home from Lake Murray and Cameron discovered the female essentials.

Kara said...

Nice Post:)

Becky said...

Lauren,
Being sore doesn't mean you're out of shape. I was so sore after softball! I never use those particular muscles in that way at the gym or even in running. You're a stud by the way!