Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Man.

As I've been working all day today, I can't stop thinking about my husband and how incredibly blessed I am to have him. I really spend most of every day taking for granted EVERYTHING he does. So...although I could NEVER give enough credit, where credit is due, in this case, I figured that the least I could do is post about him and list 10 things that I really can't appreciate enough about him.

10. He does the laundry. ALL OF IT.
9. He cooks dinner.
8. He Does the dishes.
7. He manages our bills
6. He arranges babysitting
5. He does our taxes
4. He packs the boys' bags for wherever we go
3. He watches the boys A LOT (while I'm working or while I go out with friends)
2. He treats our marriage as sacred.
1. He gave me two of the most beautiful boys on earth.

As I stress myself out, constantly, worrying about our future and life together, Steve has been the catalyst that has sustained our family for the past 4 years . His faith, constant desire to read and learn, and his passion for us and other people, his desire to know God at a deeper level, and his sensitive spirit are traits that I wouldn't have even thought to pray for in a husband. Thank You, Lord for giving me this man and for making him not only my companion for life, but for making him the daddy of my two sons.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

All the laundry... and the dishes..... and the cooking... send him over. :) BTW, that is a really cute picture of you guys.

TK said...

This is one comprehensive list. I'm already tired reading it. You guys have an awesome marriage and we love both of you and your big hearts.

I agree with Sarah. GREAT picture. Looks like one of you was holding the camera. We ALL know not all of those kind of pictures turn out this well. Good thing for that delete button on yoyur digital.

Lauren Faiai said...

Actually...this picture was taken on my parents mac. There's a digital camera built in to the monitor. We were bored...obviously.

Becky said...

Great picture. Steve is awesome. You two are blessed to have eachother. Love you both.

Anonymous said...

I just absolutely love you guys so much. You are both wonderful people and you shine a light and touch everyeone you meet. I am so blessed to have you both in my life and in Silas and my marriage. Thanks for being such great friends

It is hard not to take advantage of the other person in a marriage, especially when you just get used to the things they do for you. But believe me, he appreciates every thank you you offer.

Anonymous said...

Lauren & Steve - it has been such a joy to see the two of you grow up before my eyes. To think when you were first calling the church office to talk to Steve in the early/secret part of your relationship, I would often tell you he wasn't in . . . just trying to protect him from those "lecherous" women! Ha-ha! I would've never known that you two would be married, have a wonderful marriage, two precious boys and an incredible ministry together - but the Lord sure did!

Love you both!
Fran

P.S. I agree with all the comments . . . beautiful picture of a beautiful couple!