Monday, April 9, 2007

Lindsay Came Home!!!

My sister, Lindsay, came home this past week to spend Easter with the family. Although Steve and I were in the thick of Good Friday and Easter preparation, we were able to make a trip out to our cabins in the desert, and had a get together with friends and family at my parent's house.

During her short stay, I definitely realized how much I miss the girl! Since moving to PDX (Portland, OR) almost two years ago, she has become quite the skateboarder, she landed herself in a pretty serious relationship with an awesome photographer named Buzzy, she's started her own sort of business making jewelry out of skateboards (CLICK HERE to check it out), and managed to get a couple of pretty elaborate tatoo's!!

It was really nice to get to talk to her about family, life and fond memories! I'm really trying hard to convince her and Buzzy to move back here to S.D. so that we could have more contact... but it seems like her element is in Portland. Maybe someday it will happen!!

Here are some pictures of our trip out to the desert!





Loving the middle of nowhere!!







5 comments:

Ezequiel Garcia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara said...

Okay not sure what that says....
Anyway I wish I would have gotten to meet your family at church yesterday. It was fun to see pics though. It looks like you had a great time.

TK said...

Great pictures. Is Cameron taking a bath outside?

Becky said...

Wish I could've talked to Lindsay on Sunday. Those are great pics of you. By the way, that hat is famous now.

Anonymous said...

Lauren - I saw Lindsay and your parents at Easter service! She looks great! And I saw her beautiful body art. Pretty cool Linds! I know it's hard to have your sister not live in the same city (or the same state for that matter) as you and you really do not appreciate your relationship until you're miles apart! It's too bad it works that way, huh? That's why I'm so happy my sis finally moved back to SD after 15 years in Hawaii. Hopefully it won't be that long for Lindsay.

Fran

P.S. Great pictures of the dessert (we never did make a 2nd trip out there with the ladies, huh?) Also loved your poetry about Good Friday . . . you're so gifted, girl!!