Saturday, April 7, 2007

Good Friday Prayer

By Lauren Faiai

On this late, dark night, Lord
I see a glimpse of your pain.
mocked and slaughtered,
you did it all for my shame.

You carried a cross,
it wasn't yours, it was mine
and all for the saving,
The living God I might find.

I won't ask why, Lord
You died there, that day,
I will never quite comprehend,
your passion to save.

Give me your Love, Lord
for the broken and lost,
that they might find You, God
who paid sin's every cost.

The silence of that moment,
on the cross proceeding death,
words cannot describe emotions
as a King concludes life's breath.

Let me not forget oh, God
all you've endured for me,
Because of what you did that day,
I have the VICTORY.

5 comments:

Steve Faiai said...

That's my wife!!! Great post babe... I love you!

Kristy said...

You rock Lauren....Great Post

TK said...

Thanks Lauren. I agree 100%. No matter how hard I tried to feel a touch of his pain yesterday I couldn't. I finally decided it's incomprehensible. Regardless you're right we have the victory.

Thanks for sharing it in such a poetic way. You're a pretty talented one.

Becky said...

Now I know why I love you.

Sarah said...

Wow... there are no other words! :)