Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Now... Who Decided On Having 2 Kids??

I know it wasn't me!
1. Shots
2. Crying
3. Whining
4. Colds
5. Coughs
6. Eczema
7. Messes EVERYWHERE
8. Potty Training (or lack there of)
9. Countless injuries and ER visits
10. baby sitters
11. NO TIME
12. So much stuff to carry from the car
13. NO MONEY
14. Tired
15. impatient

During dinner tonight, Steve and I were on the couch eating our delicious Hamburger Helper. Cameron was in his high chair eating and Riley was sleeping in his play pen. And after about 2 bites of my dinner, Riley had already started crying hysterically and Cameron had managed to drop his fork and most of his dinner on the ground, at which point he started crying as well. I wanted to SCREAM!!
I looked over at Steve and he looked at me and I just had to tell him "This was YOUR idea." He smiled and told me it was mine...and we both kind of laughed.

After cleaning up, giving baths, brushing teeth and putting both boys to bed. Steve and I crashed on the couch and thought about how thankful we are for each other. Finally. Peace and quiet and a moment to reflect on our day... until Cameron comes out of his room wanting to put his pillow on the floor underneath us to lay down. He fell asleep within 2 minutes and we talked about how
1. Sweet
2. loving
3. unselfish
4. sensitive
5. kind
6. learning
7. trying
8. caring
9. unconditional
and how special and unique Cameron and Riley are.

Hard work... but
Definitely worth it all.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Yes I wanted to do a similar post to this last week. I am glad you did! It isn't always sweet and lovely.

TK said...

Loved this post Lauren. Definitely not an easy season of life we are in but I would not trade it for anything.

Kara said...

hey

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
I need bonding time with my nephews! I would like to take them both on April 21st, from around 11:00 til 3:30. I am already planning the day, and have asked your mom if need would she come with me. Only cause they might not feel totaly comfortable alone with me.
Sounds like you could use a day off.