Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Off to Chicago!!

Well...it's 9:25pm, and I think I'm all packed. I probably won't REALLY know if I'm all packed until -25 hits my skin.

My friends/coworkers Rod, Jason, Jim and Sheri are all going to the National Strategy Event for the Leadership Summit at Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago for 2 days. Yes, short trip, I know. That's a good thing.

I am really excited to finally meet WILLOW. I've never been there, but I've been completely influenced by the way they "do church".

I'm going to really miss my 3 boys. It's actually been hard for me to get excited about this trip, because I really don't want to leave my kids and my sweet husband.

I have to keep reminding myself that this trip is ONLY 2 DAYS LONG. I better go unpack some stuff. I probably won't need my flip flops or my bathing suit.

I hope my trip to Chicago is as good as Michael Scott's trip to New York.

3 comments:

Becky said...

You're going to have a great time! Enjoy yourself and learn a lot! Take the bathing suit and go in the sauna. I was waiting for you to e-mail me, but I just remembered you'd be watching LOST now.

TK said...

I'm glad you're going. Try and have some fun while freezing your pants off.

Tell my hubby I miss him.

Kara said...

You better not be watching Lost! I am not going to wait for you if you are.