Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Sweet Sick Boy

That's right. My sweet Cameron is sick. Tonight when I put him to bed I heard a little sniffle and just now, at 11:42PM, I had to ask Steve to take him on a walk outside because he could barely breathe. It's weird...he's not congested...he's just making a really weird breathing sound, like he can't get enough air. He's not complaining much. But that could either be a good or bad thing. He's either not complaining because he's not in too much pain, or he's not complaining because he's in so much pain that he doesn't care what we do to him to make him feel better.

Anyway...he's propped up on some pillows in the living room with the humidifier on full blast. It doesn't help that I can smell marijuana seeping through the vents in my bathroom from our new downstairs neighbors.

Now that I' m awake, I figured now would be a good time to talk about Cameron's growing vocabulary! The past few months have been fun ones, listening to this boy trying to make sense of all the words he knows smashed together in broken up sentences. With the exception of two bad words, the things that have come out of this boy's mouth lately have been nothing short of profound!

Just today, while driving in the car, Steve and I were talking (probably about church), both boys were in the back seat. Cameron starts calling us "Mom, mom, mom ... Dad, daddy, dad..." as I answer "Yes, Cameron?" He said "Mom you need to be patient." Having no idea what he was referring to, I told him "Okay, mommy will work on it." Then he said "Daddy...daddy", when Steve answered "Yes, Cameron?", Cameron then told him "Dad you need to be patient." In which Steve replied "Ok son, daddy will work on being more patient" Cameron then thanked us and told us that we needed to be patient about 10 more times on the car ride home. After that, he felt like he needed to tell us "Mom, I please need some peace and quiet in here." So I told him "Ok, mommy will stop talking". Then he told Steve the same thing. At which point then he started singing (at the TOP OF HIS LUNGS) one of his favorite songs from his Psalty movie "I read my bible 'cause, I love the Lord, oh yes I do, I love the Lord, I really do, I love the Lord...and I know that He loves me" on and on and on and on.

Tonight, I let Cameron call my mom, because he asked to talk to his Grandma. My dad answered the phone, and Cameron immediately threw the phone down and started crying. I asked him why he was crying and he told me "I don't want to talk to Grandpa... (tears)...I want to talk to GRANDMA." I felt bad for my dad...but oh well...he really wanted to talk to his grandma.

Anyway. I hope I can get this boy better...he's just not his normal self when he's sick and it makes me sad.

3 comments:

Becky said...

So sorry, Lauren, it's sad when he's sick, he's normally so cheerful, ready to give hugs and kisses to anyone around. I hope you got some sleep. Love the patience, peace & quiet, I wonder where he picked those up from? See you later.

Kara said...

That doesn't sound fun. For some reason the breathing things freak me out the most. I will be praying he has a restful sleep tonight.

TK said...

Those car rides are priceless. This is such a great stage you guys are embarking on. You don't have time to miss the baby stuff because your too busy hearing all the great things he has to say that have been bottled up for the past two years.