Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Soccer Team!

So...me and a few of my best friends started a soccer team. There are only 5 of us right now, but we're planning on having 12 players by April so that we can join a REAL league. It's a ton of fun and great exercise. Today we ran sprints, a couple of drills and played a pretty intense 2 on 2 game. Our Team name is The Kicking Bitches. BECKY came up with the name, and I really liked it. The other girls insist that we should at least tell people that our team name is The Kicking "Babes"...but...I like the name Becky came up with, so it stays. Although Tara had a great point when she came to me concerned that our name might need to be changed because when we're presented as the "champions of east county", we wouldn't want the announcer to say our team name out loud. I'll reconsider when we cross that bridge. We had team pictures today. Here's one of all of us!



KARA FELBERG IS OUR AMAZING GOALIE...HER PREGNANT BELLY REALLY HELPS KEEP THE OTHER TEAM FROM SCORING!!!

6 comments:

Kara said...

I don't know if I should be offended that I am not mentioned when you discuss who played against who. I think I need to take a more active roll.

Lauren Faiai said...

Kara...What you don't understand is that there are people who might be VERY ANGRY at us if they find out we let a pregnant woman play soccer with us...especially goalie!!

Kara said...

Who would that be? Thanks for adding the addition. Again a little far fetched. I just need to learn to get over my insecurity.

TK said...

I liked how you added our names in the picture. This might be a good picture for East County News when we win our first championship. I can see it now titled "When it All Began."

Becky said...

I love that picture. Who thought up that name??? I do think we should change it. The kids should really not hear it. I know we go wit hthe "KB's" for short but how about the "Killer Beauties" or "Kicking Brilliants". (I put brilliant in there in honor of Bristish Steve.

Lauren Faiai said...

I totally forgot...I'm not the one who made up the name! HAHA! I'm so changing it right now!