Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just not the same!

Transitions are hard!
In our experience, transitions have been good, and necessary.
Still hard.
Our transition from San Diego to Raleigh was tricky.
And I'm not blind to the fact our transition back to SD won't be just as difficult.
Because, just as we've transitioned our lives, so has everyone and everything else!

Not everyone literally moved their families across the country twice in one year.

But as a simple result of time...everyone has changed. Everything has changed.

Routines change.
Landscapes change.
Families change.
Circles of friends change.
Habits change.
Convictions change.
People change.

I'm reminding myself a lot lately, that things will be a lot different when we get back home. It's not going to be a "pick up where we left off" kind of deal. Our life, schedule and routine didn't stop when we left San Diego. It kept right on going without us! I think I'm doing a good job preparing myself for the changes in our culture (as we knew it) in San Diego, but I don't think that will stop me from trying to force certain aspects of my life back to the way they were.

As scared as I get about going back to a different San Diego, I'm encouraged by God's continued sovereignty, His unchanging love for me, and by His never ending attributes.

God is:
Always wise,
Always sovereign,
Always just,
Always good,
Always holy,
Always merciful,
Always gracious.


In this time of another big transition, I'm clinging to the truth that
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever". I'm so thankful that God continues to pursue and change ME! May that be my only desire! That the constant change in my life would be part of ONE process of God shaping me into becoming more like Christ.

4 comments:

Becky said...

No, things are not the same. But some things never change and good to see you're holding on to that. Love you.

lou said...

Hey,
I just happened to think of you guys today and wanted to check out your blog. I can't believe you guys are leaving! I told Craig and he wants me to ask you guys to go to the fair with us before you leave. It starts next Thursday. If you don't have time for the fair we'll HAVE to eat at the Pitt before you leave! We still have not been back since we last went with you guys! Let me know! Kara

TK said...

We're still friends, what more do you need? JK I know what you mean.

Lauren Faiai said...

Kara- Call me!!

Tara- You're right what was I thinking?! :-)