Thursday, October 30, 2008

Back in Cali.

With soooo much to do, and too little time to post, here's a few snippets of what we're up to...of course combined with the random musings of my brain!

After a couple months of anticipation, and 1 LONG flight adventure, me and the boys are finally home in San Diego. What a ride. They were GREAT on the plane, thanks to awesome goodies and toys from friends before we left.

Thanks to friends in Raleigh - Our awesome friends, Christian, Kelly and their families, put together an INCREDIBLE surprise going away party for us. When we walked into a house full of all of our favorite people, I was just humbled at the way God blessed us with such great community while we were in Raleigh. So AWESOME!

The boys are doing great. They're missing their daddy, but other than that, they are so so so glad to be in San Diego with grandma and grandpa. Riley is still trying to figure out the time change and what exactly we're doing here. Once Steve gets here, I think things might feel a little more normal for him! We'll see!

I am so glad to be back in SD. I don't feel like I'm the same person as I was 9 months ago. My heart has be tweaked, my desires have changed and while I'm overwhelmed, I'm excited to sort of establish our semi new life here!

We have so much to do, but until Steve gets here next week, we're going to just enjoy spending time with family. We're heading out to our cabins in the desert this weekend!

Thanks to everyone who prayed for our trip. Please keep praying for Steve and Jerry's drive back. They leave Raleigh on Sunday morning and will get here hopefully by Wednesday afternoon!

4 comments:

Todd Tolson said...

glad you're home, sis!

hula4jesus said...

I think your dad was having more fun than Cameron! WELCOME HOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok seriously. We put it off for 9 months, but now it's time to finally start band practices for Hey Girl.
~Alicia

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!
Luv ya!
M:)