Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tell the Story!!

It's crunch time at CATT! We're just a couple weeks from launch, and we are busting our tails trying to get everything accomplished by August 24th! It's almost scary to see that date so close!!

I was worried about Steve leaving this week for San Diego. I don't like feeling the sort of pressure (of time) I feel...especially alone! But I knew he had to go. Kind of a "now or never" sort of deal. Steve booked his entire 3 days with meeting after meeting, appointment after appointment. As busy as he's been, it's been so awesome to hear his excitement! As he shares the CATT story and dream over and over again, I just know his soul is totally encouraged! He calls me after every meeting to let me know how it went, and as he describes his conversations, I can't help but to just thank GOD for His faithfulness in what He's doing in our church!!

I think sometimes when I get caught up in the busy work of it all, I miss out on a broader perspective! I'm realizing that I need to tell the CATT story to more people more often! Even if it's just to the mirror in my bathroom! I need to tell it! Not just because it's a great story, but because it's such a cool reminder of Gods calling, His provision, direction, and how he's been faithful!!

I am thrilled that Steve got to be with his best friends this week! I know he's just pumped about being there and telling the story! I am so proud to be his wife! Steve's worked NON-stop since he's been there, which is a good thing! Because...if I was the one visiting...you can bet I'd be at mom and dad's house playing scrabble the whole time, and hanging out with my favorite girls...just having a good time!

I can't wait for Steve to get home! I know he's getting anxious to be back too! I'm glad he's coming back with a clear mind and focussed heart!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yes! Your man is excited and it shows. He is very passionate about CATT, and it's so wonderful to see his mind being able to be focused on one job(calling). It was great to see him, wish you were here.

TK said...

Rod told me he got to talk to him today. Bummer for me, I want to hear the passion.

What kind of reward did Cameron get?

Lauren Faiai said...

Hey T! I was tired last night, and I meant to write "AWARD" not "reward"...anyway...he got the "Sweet Spirit Award" at VBS! There were over a hundred kids there, and they brought him on stage, gave him a gold medal and everyone cheered for him! He's totally my "words of affirmation" boy, so I know he was so excited! I was at a meeting...and got there about 5 minutes after they handed out the awards! Aaargghhh!! I was so bummed!!

Kara said...

I am sorry I missed him! What happened the other day? You left me hanging?