Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another reality check from the 3 year old!

Last night, after Cameron's bedtime story, I was holding him and rubbing his back (per his request!) While I was holding him, I told him that I was going to be sad when he grows bigger. He asked me why I'd be sad. I told him it was because one day he'd be to big for me to hold him like a baby. And that I wished I could hold him like a baby forever!

His response? One I'd never predict to come out of his mouth!

After a few second pause, Cameron responded to my concern by saying:

"That's called change, mom. Sometimes change doesn't always make you happy...but change is a good thing, mom!"

WOAH!! I just about jumped up when he said that. I was sooo bummed I didn't catch the moment on video! He was so right on... it was almost just weird! In attempts to draw more out of that statement, I started asking questions like what does change mean, Cameron? Then he started talking about baby chicks hatching from eggs and other completely irrelevant things. That's when I reminded myself that he's still only three years old! We then went back to counting big fluffy sheep jumping over white fences!

I hope, someday, I'll be able to grasp change like Cameron explained it to me last night.

1 comment:

hula4jesus said...

Out of the mouths of babes . . . Lauren, you will continually be blown away by the things your children will say. But I agree - pretty profound for a 3 year old! He's a very smart and intuitive boy - God has some big plans for him!!