Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Idol Issues


Tuesday nights have become one of my favorite nights of the week! Kids are in bed by 7PM. I finish cleaning up the house by 7:45PM. By 8PM, I'm on the couch watching American Idol with my hubby! Although it's nice, I can't tell you that it's the most relaxing time of my week. It's definitely FAR from that. My husband consistently ruins the experience by being completely irritated at the judges. One night it's Paula, the next night it's Randy. He never disagrees with Simon but he insists that Simon's vote is influenced by the judges who speak before him after each performance. For the past three weeks during the show, Steve has literally got up during the middle of the show to "write American Idol a letter." He wants them to know how terrible their judging is. Last night, his letter would have consisted of something like "You can't ask them to choose inspirational songs and then criticize because you're going to compare them to the original artist!!" If you read that statement back in your head with a YELLING voice, that's my experience for 1 hour every Tuesday night as we spend time together watching Idol. So far I've been successful in intercepting these letters and emails before they end up in Mr. Cowell's hands. I'm trying to convince him that it's a SHOW! And the REASON it's so successful is because of people like him who are heavily affected by each episodes content!!

Anyway... Tonight we'll watch Idol Gives Back. I've been anticipating this show since their first attempt at it last year (which rocked!). Should be good! There will be NO more judging until tomorrow night. Hopefully Steve will be a little LESS fired up about tonights show since it IS about LOVE and giving back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homey, what did you think of the last song they sang on IDOL GIVES BACK?

Awesome! Dad!