Sunday, March 2, 2008

Another Ordinary Weekend...

We just ended a series tonight entitled "Ordinary"...about Ordinary people, Living ordinary lives in the presence of an extraordinary God. Every Sunday night after a hard days work of prep, set up and tear down, I can't help but to come home and find myself restless. God just stirs something inside of me that won't allow my soul to chill until...I take a moment to just sit and write it all down. I decided to share some of the BIG reasons my heart feels like it's about to explode tonight:

1. First, I just really feel the need to tell God: Thank You for forgiving me for the things that I haven't even thought to ask forgiveness for. You are SO sovereign, Lord!

2. Greater things are STILL to be done in this city! As much as we can expect God to do through our prayer and ministry, He's orchestrating even GREATER things than we could ever plan or schedule. Things that we can't even wrap our puny brains around!

3. We were created in the image of the Innovator of Innovators, the creator of CREATIVITY who has allowed us to not be limited by our lack of resources!

4. My stinkin' pastor can set up a song, a video, a projected image, better than anyone I know. I don't know how he does it...but I swear...If we decided to play a clip from Teletubbies, LT could set it up and knock it out of the park! (Carla, ask him to tell you the analogy I used earlier. I'm sure he appreciated that one more than this one!)

5. We're 6 days away from our first preview service. And 6 days away from changing our PM service to an AM one. We have SO MUCH to get done before Sunday! Not by might, nor by power, but by YOUR Spirit, Lord! Let's do this!

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on Baby! You preach it Sista! I'll turn the pages! :)

TK said...

That's very cool that you have so much inspiration and anticipation on Sunday nights. After doing this new ministry thing for two Sunday's now I felt the exact opposite of you last night.....drained, exhausted mentally, socially, physically, spiritually you name it. I could barely bring myself to even talk with my family. Good news though after a good nights rest this morning I was feeling inspired again and ready to go.

I'll be praying for you guys in your prep this week and for a great preview on Sunday.