Friday, January 18, 2008

Monumental Day For The Faiai's

I don't think I'll EVER forget January 18th, 2008. At least I hope I don't! Today was a day of new beginnings, a day of breakthroughs and answered prayer, and a day of just being THANKFUL!

Today - January 18th, 2008 - We FINALLY received our Pods!
It's a LONG story...but they're here now. Steve made his first trip to the storage facility today to get our belongings. As we started unpacking things in the kitchen, Steve looked at me as he unwrapped our silverware and said "I've never been so thankful for a potato peeler"! Although it's kind of a goofy comment, it rung sooo true! It's amazing how many little things we take for granted...that is until we lived 2 weeks without practically anything!



Today - January 18th, 2008 - The boys received their first package!
I knew what my parents were sending, but still, I think I was just as excited as Cameron to open the box! Thanks Mom!



Today - January 18th, 2008 - First video chat with Grandpa.
Thank God for camcorders and firewire! We had some issues with cheapo webcams that I couldn't get to work. I used our firewire cable that was in our pod to hook up our camcorder to my mac and BINGO! We're in business! Cameron and his grandpa were very happy to finally see each other again since we left 2 weeks ago.



Today - January 18th, 2008 - First All Staff Meeting with Church at the Triangle
It was so refreshing to get our minds officially back in gear to plan for our church launch in August. Steve and I came away from our meeting so excited and just pumped about the road ahead!!

Today - January 18th, 2008 - The day we gained new perspective.
As Steve and I took time today to reflect on the past two weeks and all that we're thankful for, we both expressed a feeling of renewal in our relationships both with each other and with our boys. For some reason, being away from everyone we've ever known has made us more aware of how much we need each other...how much we appreciate each other... and how incredibly important it is for our boys to see how much we love each other. I'd like to think that it wouldn't take a NORMAL couple moving across the country to experience this insight, but if that's what it had to take for us...then I'm happy SO happy we're here!

We'll probably be hanging indoors this weekend as a big storm is in the forecast. People are saying we should wake up to snow in the morning! We loaded up on groceries for the next couple of days and are anticipating snuggling on our new couch, hot chocolate, playing with blocks, and watching a good New England Patriot smackdown this weekend!

Here's the new love of my life, by the way!


Becky comes to visit in two weeks!! :-) Then 2 of Steve's nieces will stay with us for the month of February! I can't wait to show our guests our new life in Raleigh!! Until then...I'm so thankful for January 18th, 2008!

3 comments:

TK said...

Great post Lauren. Glad you had such a great day and LOVE the couch looks great for snuggling and TV watching. If only mine was that clean.

How exciting to be where you guys are at in this stage of your life. Drink it in. Maybe those wine glasses you were unpacking could help.

Sarah said...

That is precisely what moving away does... brings a family closer. I am so glad you guys are able to experience that. :)

And, tell Steve that I am glad you have a potato peeler to. ;)

I miss hugs from those boys!!

GREAT couches!!

Kara said...

Ok I was doing fine until the grandpa picture then I lost it. I am so happy you are so happy. I need to call you though. It has been a week without talking not good!!