Sunday, January 27, 2008

DESTINATION: Raleigh, NC - Home Sweet Home!

Aside from a couple things we still need, we're just about finished putting our house together. Steve had meetings out of the house for a good part of the week, but every moment that he was home, we maximized our time putting things away, throwing things away and buying new things. Our newest purchase is this:


YES...you are looking at probably the BEST scrabble playing table on the earth. We figured it would double great as a dining room table! We've managed to find some great deals here in the "furniture capitol of the world"!!

We had church tonight. I wanted to take pictures and post them, but it was hard to manage the kids and seek out photo ops at the same time! Maybe next week. It's so amazing to see and really FEEL God moving in people's lives here as we approach our launch date in August. One of my biggest...HUGEST desires is to be in peoples lives. Not to just know people...but to really live life with others in community and just be able to witness through true and trustworthy friendships. Thankfully we were welcomed in by a whole bunch of people who want to do life the same way. I can't think of one person in our small group right now who Riley won't LUNGE for...Or one person that Cameron won't ask to take him to the bathroom!

I have been busy setting up house ever since we got here, but now that we're settled, I'm anxious to get out and know some of our new friends better. This past weekend, we went with a really cool couple, Craig and Kara, to a BBQ place about an hour away from Raleigh. Let me just tell you that you ain't had a hushpuppy until you've had one here!! So good. I also have a new friend in something called Brunswick Stew. It's a soup made with butterbeans, corn and chicken! I'm going to try to make it sometime! There's no Trader Joes here, but there's a grocery store called Harris Teeter that seems comparable.

The kids got to run around outside for the first time today in about a week. It's been too cold. Today was much better. Each day I determine weather or not it's too cold to play by going outside to see if my face starts stinging!

Anyway...Steve's home from church and the kids are asleep...I think it's time to zone out on the couch with my love and watch a movie. It's so nice to feel "home"!

Goodnight!

4 comments:

TK said...

Wow Lauren your dining room looks so zen, very hip. Those high chairs should come in handy for the kids too.
So glad you're settling in, we miss you guys but glad to hear your happy.

Sarah said...

That is a really cool table!!

I am also glad to hear the family is settling into a routine. It can still feel kind of surreal for awhile.

Give the boys lots of love from Auntie Sarah. :)

hula4jesus said...

Gorgeous table!! It's great to hear you folks are settling in your new "home". Where do you guys have "church" or do you already have your facility? I'm confused a bit, I guess. You had mentioned before that it was only the "Townes' and the Faiai's" . . . but it sounds like you have more people. That's cool! One hour travel time . . . must be some "ono" hush puppies! :)

lou said...

Lauren!........
There is a trader joe's! I know there is one in Cary and they just opened a new one in Raleigh (I think!)Diane and I were just talking about it last weekend! We will have to include that in one of our girl's only weekend adventures. Kara